resigning from a club

i want to resign from tottenham after being there for 9 years but as usual the fans are going to hate me

so i think when you want to resign from a club or country there should be a press conference where you tell why you have resign or you can write a little statement saying why so that the fans can understand why you have resign or they can just choose to hate e.g. if you have resign to go to a rival club

does anyone think this is good

Yeah, sometimes its the right decision, fans may not like it at the time, so a press conference should be held to allow fans to understand why your leaving. This will make them forgive you over the years :)

Yeah sounds good, I do think the fans need a bit of updating to be honest, the amount of times they complain for me losing to a team in the cup which is a league or more higher than me is frustrating..and they still go on about it for months! 3 months later....however the fans are unhappy about your loss....blah blah blah! :@!

IRL when Kevin Keegan left Newcastle after his first stint as Newcastle boss we didn't then hate him, he had real reasons to leave. Maybe we should also have the option of having good reasons?

I like the ideas this thread has :)

I like the idea of a bigger deal beign made when you leave your club. Especially if you have been really successful.

Wouldnt it be nice if after a month of you leaving the news feed could show strories comparing your former clubs rise/decline since yoru departure. Maybe some articles could be released to compare how well you have done compared to at your previous club

I like the idea of a bigger deal beign made when you leave your club. Especially if you have been really successful.

Wouldnt it be nice if after a month of you leaving the news feed could show strories comparing your former clubs rise/decline since yoru departure. Maybe some articles could be released to compare how well you have done compared to at your previous club

*Thumbs up* for this! That would rock! :D Especially so I wouldn't feel too bad, and I can go "MISS ME NOW, YOU UNAPPRECIATIVE FANS!"

Yeah would make me feel better. i remeber when I got sacked from Rotherham for going out of the FA cup 1st roudn despite being 3rd and I ended up keeping Den Bosch up in miraculous fashion and getting promotion with Den Bosch 18 months later. Would be good (and bad) things like this were reflected in news stories or articles.

I wouldn't know , since I was never sacked, yet... :p This is my first FM game, and been playing West Ham for the past 3 seasons. However, the West Ham Board/Fan's complaints are just hilarious..

I took them from their expected rank (9) to the champions league, making the semi final once (just about to start once again in th Champions League)

What's hilarious, though, is that they still wouldn't forgive me for losing 3-0 to Chelsea in that season... O' rly? o_O

Speaking of which, what happens exactly when you're sacked? You start applying for a manager position in other clubs (both who don't have or already have a manager)?

Nice... there goes my dream to manage Atl. Madrid after my spell at West Ham..

My stats suck as well, with the right column, cant remember what it is, and I'm at work atm, but it has things such as 'Club Loyalty' and the like.. All those stats are 10 and below..

Seriously, how am I supposed to prove my loyalty to the club? I rejected rumours that linked me with a move to Boca Juniors!

You need to stay there a while andwin things and get your stats and rep up.

You need to get your reputation to be at least continental - then you will have a chance getting th Ath Madrid job. To do this you need to consistently be in Europe over a period of year....if you win a european cup you will definatly get this.

only thing is that you cant really write a leaving letter and have the fans happy with what you wrote. It would have to be on the outcomes of the press conference answers chosen.

Fans dont always hate you though when you leave, i left Necaxa after gaining promotion and got the "XXX Leaves on a high" comment and the fans were sad to see me go.

i want to resign from tottenham after being there for 9 years but as usual the fans are going to hate me

so i think when you want to resign from a club or country there should be a press conference where you tell why you have resign or you can write a little statement saying why so that the fans can understand why you have resign or they can just choose to hate e.g. if you have resign to go to a rival club

Try to make it ten years at least! then maybe look to move on

They're not real fans.. Don't worry they'll get over it.

The reputation punishment and the impact on being liked at a club of a resignation could indeed do with a slight overhaul and some more transparenca.

And indeed it would be very good if you could have some influence in there by stating reasons for leaving a club. :thup:

Archived