Chairman Interference

I'm sure most of us have experienced intereference from our chairman when it comes to selling players - i.e. them accepting ridiculously poor offers for a star or young player that we ourselves would never dream of accepting.

I was just wondering what happened to the feature from past FM games, (2006 springs immediately to mind), where your Chairman would ask you to bring a "high reputation player" to the club. This would also be accompanied by the message "the club is willing to go over the current budget if you think it necessary", (or something along those lines!). If you didn't manage to sign a player that they deemed to be of high enough reputation, they would go out and buy a player for you.

Does anybody else want the see this feautre back in the game/have any recollection and/or stories of your experiences of it?

Yeah!

I cannot believe I forgot about the feature where it buys players for you!

Most of the time, it would always be a half decent player - but never quite the player I am looking for, using most of my budget on a useless winger or something.

Well played for remembering this.

I hated that feature. I was always very strict with my transfers and never paid over the odds for any player, so I was pretty annoyed when my chairman splashed out a huge sum on a Peruvian winger on massive wages who was no better than the players I already had. The worst part of it though, and the real kick in the teeth was that his work permit failed, so I couldn't even play him. Six months later I sold him at a hefty loss :mad:

this may sound funny but in my fm 07 save with chelsea the chairman(dont know his spelling some roman abromovic) will buy pepe and I will never use him in the team but now I see how a good player pepe has become but it must only happen with some rich clubs cause they got the money and will bring them for eg : lets see wigan's chairman trying to bring van persie to wigan which is really stupid!!

Archived