General Discussion on Scouts

A) Is there any way to ask the board, or add more scouts (and coaches, really) once you've reached your maximum? After 1 year in the EPL the quantity of scouts that I can have is 15, and would like to have a total of 21 (one for england u18s, one for england, one for brazil, then one for the 18 regions). My cap for scouts is 15, cap for coaches is 20. Ideally I'd love to have each of these have an addiont 5+ spots.

Is there any way I can do this? In FMRTE? By request? Or do I just have to be patient for my board to allow me to have more spots available? I've seen guys on here who have atleast 18 so I know its possible, I just don't really want to wait tooo long :)

B) Obviously CA/PA is the key stat for scouts, but I've also heard determenation is the other key stat. Is this true? Like the more determined a scout, the more reports he'll provide. I've noticed this seems to be the case but not sure if that is the direct correlation. Currently I filter scouts by CA/PA of atleast 19, so if determination was key, i'd probably lower that to 18 and search for those 3 factors.

C) Is there a way for a scout to persue a specific coutry first while scouting a region? Its kind of ******** that my South American scout has spent more time in Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador, Surinam (for some reason, even though they are members of CONCACAF) AND Colombia over Brazil or Argentina. Seriously my scouts knoweldge bars for those countires is larger than argentina or brazil, and argentina is like a little nub that's barely been covered. Very annoying, as obviously the scout would IRL spend 90% of his time in Brazil and Argentina, and really only go watch the national teams like u18s and stuff for the other teams. Anyways is there a way I can make him visit the other countries first? Im not going to switch out his assignments tho

to add to that, is there a reason your scouts waste time at ****-tier countries? Hoesntly I don't think we need to scout places liek San Marino , Maldoves, Bermuda, and a bunch of small countries most of you have never heard of. Honestly I am a history major with a minor in geography, and there are a couple countries that my scouts decide to spend time at that I have NEVER heard of. Possibly there be a feature where the scouts only scout the medium to good countries in regions? If I'm paying a guy to scout, he's going to be scouting the better countries in a region, not the ones that are horrible.

C) Is there a way for a scout to persue a specific coutry first while scouting a region? Its kind of ******** that my South American scout has spent more time in Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Ecuador, Surinam (for some reason, even though they are members of CONCACAF) AND Colombia over Brazil or Argentina. Seriously my scouts knoweldge bars for those countires is larger than argentina or brazil, and argentina is like a little nub that's barely been covered. Very annoying, as obviously the scout would IRL spend 90% of his time in Brazil and Argentina, and really only go watch the national teams like u18s and stuff for the other teams. Anyways is there a way I can make him visit the other countries first? Im not going to switch out his assignments tho

It's a bit more time-consuming initially but it's far better if you set you scouts to scout each individual nation. Not only can you priotise the better nations and see how long he's wasting at smaller nations but if you restart the assignment it will take him less time to complete in the future and with a continent the size of South America it's fairly easy to get complete knowledge in a couple of seasons.

A) Is there any way to ask the board, or add more scouts (and coaches, really) once you've reached your maximum? After 1 year in the EPL the quantity of scouts that I can have is 15, and would like to have a total of 21 (one for england u18s, one for england, one for brazil, then one for the 18 regions). My cap for scouts is 15, cap for coaches is 20. Ideally I'd love to have each of these have an addiont 5+ spots.

Is there any way I can do this? In FMRTE? By request? Or do I just have to be patient for my board to allow me to have more spots available? I've seen guys on here who have atleast 18 so I know its possible, I just don't really want to wait tooo long :)

When the club reputation is high enough the board are likely to raise the limit. The normal maximum is 18, which is a bit annoying since there are 20 scouting regions but some people have reported higher limits with a tycoon owner.

Adaptability is another important stat. It decides how competent a scout is when scouting a nation he has zero to little knowledge of. Someone with high adaptability is going to be far more effective at scouting some obscure nation that he has no knowledge of than someone who has low adaptability and equally poor knowledge.

to add to that, is there a reason your scouts waste time at ****-tier countries? Hoesntly I don't think we need to scout places liek San Marino , Maldoves, Bermuda, and a bunch of small countries most of you have never heard of. Honestly I am a history major with a minor in geography, and there are a couple countries that my scouts decide to spend time at that I have NEVER heard of. Possibly there be a feature where the scouts only scout the medium to good countries in regions? If I'm paying a guy to scout, he's going to be scouting the better countries in a region, not the ones that are horrible.

Well that's the most ignorant statement I've heard in a good while. You don't have to be schooled in world geography to have heard of countires. I suppose it would help (although it doesnt appear so in this case). Just because YOU haven't heard of a particular country doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, nor does it mean that there won't be talented players to be had from there.

Well that's the most ignorant statement I've heard in a good while. You don't have to be schooled in world geography to have heard of countires. I suppose it would help (although it doesnt appear so in this case). Just because YOU haven't heard of a particular country doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, nor does it mean that there won't be talented players to be had from there.

lol what? Im not implying you have to have a major and minor in what I have to be able to name countries or have heard of countries. I'm just saying when your scouts are in places that a person who has such degrees has never heard of, its extremely unrealistic. I can name 150 countries off the top of my head, and almost 200 if you give me a map. Basically that's pushing every country on the planet. My schooling and knoweldge of the world is fine - its this game's knoweldge of the relevance of the world that isn't. Pick a country you've never heard of, unless you are living under a rock and can only name >50 countries, then I gurantee you're being arrogant saying there is no talent in countries you haven't heard of, because you haven't heard of 80 of the countries on this planet. But when the countries that I am listing below are shown in my scouting report - countries I didn't know existed, I gurantee you there is absoutely no talent on any of them (talent = can play CCC even, and I'm being generous with that as I don't bring anyone in who wont be good or isn't good at EPL or bette).

When your scouts are spending time, at, I **** you not -Northern Mariana Islands (WR - N/A, no players of any value), Equatorial Guinea (WR - 180, 1 player worth 70K), and Wallis and Futuna Islands (WR - N/A, no players of any value, also if anyone was good from there they'd go to France as they are a colony) its exteremely unrealistic. I've never heard of those countries, and I'm not be arrogant or anything, but, if there was someone who should have heard of them, it would be someone like me. A) have you heard of those countries? B) have you heard of any RL footballers from them? No? That's what I thought. Forget big leagues, think smaller leagues, yeah? still no one.

IMO there needs to be a filter when your scouts are scouting, stating that "Scout what top percent of nations in region" you can change this by 10%. That way your scout will gurnateely scout the major countries in a particular region, and if you wish you set it to say 100% or 70%, to get the major, big, normal and big small countries scouted, too.

lol what? Im not implying you have to have a major and minor in what I have to be able to name countries or have heard of countries. I'm just saying when your scouts are in places that a person who has such degrees has never heard of, its extremely unrealistic. I can name 150 countries off the top of my head, and almost 200 if you give me a map. Basically that's pushing every country on the planet. My schooling and knoweldge of the world is fine - its this game's knoweldge of the relevance of the world that isn't. Pick a country you've never heard of, unless you are living under a rock and can only name >50 countries, then I gurantee you're being arrogant saying there is no talent in countries you haven't heard of, because you haven't heard of 80 of the countries on this planet. But when the countries that I am listing below are shown in my scouting report - countries I didn't know existed, I gurantee you there is absoutely no talent on any of them (talent = can play CCC even, and I'm being generous with that as I don't bring anyone in who wont be good or isn't good at EPL or bette).

When your scouts are spending time, at, I **** you not -Northern Mariana Islands (WR - N/A, no players of any value), Equatorial Guinea (WR - 180, 1 player worth 70K), and Wallis and Futuna Islands (WR - N/A, no players of any value, also if anyone was good from there they'd go to France as they are a colony) its exteremely unrealistic. I've never heard of those countries, and I'm not be arrogant or anything, but, if there was someone who should have heard of them, it would be someone like me. A) have you heard of those countries? B) have you heard of any RL footballers from them? No? That's what I thought. Forget big leagues, think smaller leagues, yeah? still no one.

IMO there needs to be a filter when your scouts are scouting, stating that "Scout what top percent of nations in region" you can change this by 10%. That way your scout will gurnateely scout the major countries in a particular region, and if you wish you set it to say 100% or 70%, to get the major, big, normal and big small countries scouted, too.

You haven't heard of equatorial guinea? O_o

Archived