Small & Simple Suggestion For FM11, One Of These "Nice little features" Ideas

I like affiliate clubs, they are extremely useful and can help your club in many areas. I have an international feeder club in D.C United, this link is mainly beneficial for merchandise sales.

I noticed that they had a young goalkeeper who looks promising, maybe he wont be good enough for my side in the future, but I'm sure he can play top flight football one day. I decided to sign him and he's now in my youth side, but I was hopeful i'd see an increase in my merchandise sales, surely they would want to buy a Millwall shirt with Gary Torres on the back, seeing as he came from D.C United? Perhaps a news item saying that the merchandise sales have been increased or something.

Anyway, just a little feature I think would be a nice addition to the game, what do you think?

This is already in the game. You most often see it if you make a big signing, if I remember right. I wouldn't imagine you would see it for a youngster who has gone into your youth team, though.

It would be interesting if every player had a 'merchandising value' based on various factors. Real Madrid are often in the news regarding how a signing is worth x amount in shirt sales and that is worked into the value they are willing to pay for a player.

• SI Staff
I like affiliate clubs, they are extremely useful and can help your club in many areas. I have an international feeder club in D.C United, this link is mainly beneficial for merchandise sales.

I noticed that they had a young goalkeeper who looks promising, maybe he wont be good enough for my side in the future, but I'm sure he can play top flight football one day. I decided to sign him and he's now in my youth side, but I was hopeful i'd see an increase in my merchandise sales, surely they would want to buy a Millwall shirt with Gary Torres on the back, seeing as he came from D.C United? Perhaps a news item saying that the merchandise sales have been increased or something.

Anyway, just a little feature I think would be a nice addition to the game, what do you think?

I doubt if Millwall signed a young goalkeeper who isn't good enough for their first team then many DC United fans would want to get Millwall shirts with his name on it. It's hardly on the scale of Ronaldo to Real Madrid. ;)

This is already in the game. You most often see it if you make a big signing, if I remember right. I wouldn't imagine you would see it for a youngster who has gone into your youth team, though.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

maybe if you get the youth player good enough and he makes his international or first team debut you might selling more merchandise as then he`ll be more recognised

Will have to wait and see :)

I doubt if Millwall signed a young goalkeeper who isn't good enough for their first team then many DC United fans would want to get Millwall shirts with his name on it. It's hardly on the scale of Ronaldo to Real Madrid. ;)

Precisely... IT'S BIGGER! :D

No, I understand what you're saying, it was just on the basis that this feature wasn't in the game, not that I also wanted it for youth players too (youth fanatic me!).

TBH, not sure how many DC United fans, especially the casual MLS ones, would know what club Millwall is. ;)

ooft, low blow =[

Harsh, but perhaps fair.

Get back to FMS you!

--

Cheers all.

• 2 weeks later...

What would be better in terms of transfer negotiations (personal opinion of course) would be that when you have a bid accepted for the player and you then offer the player a contract, if you could tell the player of your personal ambition for the club which for example would give you the same options as when you start a new season where you tell the chairman your season expectations (Survive relegation, Mid-table Finish, Top-half finish, Continental competition qualification etc).. As well as the role you would require them to play (Youngster, Hot Prospect, Backup, Rotation etc). Also the agent will not reveal how much a player wants per week until the ambition of the club matches or exceeds the ambition of the player.

Archived