From the Blue Square Premier to the Football League.

try york from bs premier to championship when you have a planned de-expansion of your stadium by 2015 from 9000 to 6000

Exactly what I'm doing. The BSP is one of the hardest leagues to get out of on the game IMO, good job OP.

Board confidence is 74%- Untouchable ;D

I found the BSP fairly easy, winning it on my first time. All you need in the BSP are some decent loanees from Premier League reserve clubs, and they become star players, however, i think that League 2 is going to be much harder with a limited budget too.

BSP is the hardest league to get out of except the championship - ive taken a team from the BSS to the CCC and the toughest one thus far was the BSP, in L2 you'll find it hard to go down as there will be some really poor teams and only a couple of relegations spots and there is of course 4 promotion spots which is nice!

First of all, grats on the promotion!

I've done the bsn/s -> epl journey a few times, and what people have said so far is pretty accurate.

BSP is the hardest league to get out of - mainly because that there's only 1 automatic promotion place. You should be able to get promoted from League 2 pretty easy.

If you haven't got a parent club, try and get a decent EPL or CCC team, and loot them for all 4 long term loans.

Be really careful with wages, as players will try and ask for stupid money in the league. Sell players who ask for too much, and try to get sell on clauses.

Cheers Cagecityfan. I've just got 4 decent loanees, and all players who were on loan last season and good enough for League 2, i've signed. I've also got rid of some deadwood, most of which was asking for too much money, so i'm pretty well prepared now.

i have taken luton to win the premier league, and blyth to the premier league, the ccl2 is the easiest league, you will be to get some decent free players at the start of the new season, and you should have a premier league parent club, which will send you some decent loan players.

L2 is pretty easy. I was playing workington. Took me 2 seasons to get out of BSN

2 seasons out of BSP because of the ridiculous promotion criteria. I won BSP and FAT in the same season.

1 season in L2 as I unexpectedly got into the playoffs and won (getting loan signings from premier league makes it really easy)

2 season in L1 because I screwed up my loan signings and missed playoffs by 1 or 2 spots. I signed them for 3 months thinking I could renew them only to realise I couldn't due to the short term loan signing ruling. The 2nd season I took the players I needed on season long loans and went on those crazy 7 straight wins, 10 straight wins and got automatic promotion with 9 games to spare. I happen to win the JPT as well.

1 season in CCC. Once again, I got carried by loanees. Got into playoffs on the last day and won the playoffs luckily.

Now my 1st season in PL. Getting owned. 4 games in, 4 losses. My top scorer is injured for 2 months and ... my backup ST is a useless piece of junk. I am pretty worried. I think I will be relegated soon.

i think you went up from the CCC too quickly Brose, how much is the tv money in the prem? have you spent a lot? im thinking that if i get there i might not spend anything for the 1st season, most likely go down and then storm the championship with the extra dollar and make sure im prepared 2nd time round.

the problem with the championship which makes is so hard is that there are always some massive clubs in it, at the moment in my game Hull are in the championship and have 2 players on over 50k pw

Yeh and you've always got to deal with the clubs that have just gone down from the prem, atleast one of them usually goes back up.

I am so very sure I am getting relegated this season. I am in trouble. And man utd, leeds etc keep on poaching my best youngsters. They get unhappy and they play like crap. I transfer list them and my chairman loves to sell my players. God...

The amount of money given was huge. Like... 28 mil or something. To think I had only 1 mil transfer budget in CCC, i suddenly had no idea what to do with my new found wealth. I have pretty much spent most of my money.

By the way I happened to buy Kim Kallstrom on free but he is already an old man. Halfway through the season, I got a training message that my crappiest 1.5 star MC broke Kallstrom's ribs and now he is out for 6 months. Great... CCC here I come again! I am only worried my new signings will leave from their relegation release clause. If they don't my strikeforce is amazing. I managed to get that ST loanee on a permanent deal. 18m for a 19 yr old, I must be bad with my finances. Then I gotten some brazillian striker for 10m. But he doesn't speak english!!! He probably needs 1 season just to gel in. And on top of that, my defense is non existent. Actually this has been the case since CCC. I conceded like 64 goals for the whole season, much more than any teams in the top 15. However, I scored waaay more. But the quality of defense in the Premier league is no joke. Now I get so upset playing FM.

You should perhaps look at your tactic a little. As most teams are "better" than you, maybe a counter attack tactic would work better(?)

Im guessing you could change something to your advantage at least.

Personally I tend to get bored when Ive reached PL. Im managing a team up from level 10 atm. (Superbladesman's extra leagues).

Currently at L1, but im on my way... :)

Im gonna try stick it out and see if i can reach further with this team. Maybe become a force in Europe within 10 years or so.

(.....so far into the future though)

Oh man... I survived relegation!!! At my last posting I had like 10 games to go before end of the season with only like 3 wins 4 draws 28 played. Then I changed and moved my DL to play as a DC. At least not conceding like crazy. And I changed back to my usual tactic. Usually I play attacking, but because I was losing so badly at the start of the season, I went to counter. But after losing crazily for 28 games, I went back to attacking. I love it. I trust my GK to have 1on1 with through on goal ST much more than playing a counter mentality allowing the opponent to pass the ball around and poke the defense with through balls.

I started playing pretty well actually. The kind of performance you would expect from a mid table team. My goals shot, shot-on-target, and clear cut chances, and possessions were pretty close even when I played away against teams like chelsea. Even though I lost 0-2, their finishing is just alot more clinical. Then I won 4-1 against Man Utd at home. You know your team is performing well when the top 2 players for player-of-the-month comes from your team (which is kind of irony when I am battling relegation). And the top 3 young players of the month is from my team also.

Actually, I personally feel that counter and attacking mentality is pretty similar when defending. You sit back, get the ball and do a fast counter. Offensively, it is quite similar also. The difference is that when the opponent defenders have the ball, as attacking mentality, your players tend to press them aggressively and make tackles, instead of just backing off and wait before they come into your half. Attacking play suits my teams alot better, because my defenders are hopeless in defending, can't mark a player for nuts.

I won three straight promotions from BSP with Luton but i have spent three seasons in the championship.

Missed out on promotion by 4 goals last season /o\

But you can at least depend on playoffs to get a chance. I was lucky and got 6th spot on the last day and won the playoffs. I actually was expecting to aim for promotion in the next season so it was kind of a pleasant surprise when I got promoted, especially that I dropped to 16th like mid way through the season from a series of bad results like 8 straight losses or something.

Archived