Stupid in game happenings

Hi there

Although FM10 is perhaps the pinnacle of the series, I have still managed to find some 'stupid' actions in game as a result of certain responses in media comments.

Why do players automatically become unhappy if you think a certain player is not a good player?

Why do certain squad players become outraged if you praise another manager?

Can you imagine someone like Keith Fahey of Birmingham City being outraged if McLeish praised Manure manager Fergie?

And the other one is if you tip another team to win the league apart from your own? Why does your squad automatically think they should win even though they are predited to finsh 7th/8th?

I hope I am not the only one with these issues? It kind of disrupts he game experience as morales is affected of the team?>

Hi there

Although FM10 is perhaps the pinnacle of the series, I have still managed to find some 'stupid' actions in game as a result of certain responses in media comments.

Why do players automatically become unhappy if you think a certain player is not a good player?

Because they're friends with that player, or if they're in the same team feel he's an important player.

Why do certain squad players become outraged if you praise another manager?

Can you imagine someone like Keith Fahey of Birmingham City being outraged if McLeish praised Manure manager Fergie?

They hate that club or manager. If Keith Fahey hates Utd or Ferguson then it shouldn't matter what level he's at.

And the other one is if you tip another team to win the league apart from your own? Why does your squad automatically think they should win even though they are predited to finsh 7th/8th?

It doesn't always happen. I've had cases where the team thought it was a good idea, and cases where I've tipped myself (due to knowing my team's level) and the players getting unhappy, due to too much pressure.

I hope I am not the only one with these issues? It kind of disrupts he game experience as morales is affected of the team?

Well morale is a very strange thing, amazing results can happen because of it. The object is to be able to judge how the players will react to different situations, and work towards the best one.

I'm willing to bet that Barcelona and their players really do hate Mourinho.

Ah they just sore losers, reminds me a bit of the english teams. Thought Barca would have had mroe class than that

I think we should be empathising and adding to the OP comments - we all experience these things and more often than not they're unreasonable and unrealistic.

I agree with him 100%!! Sometimes these things make sense, most of the time they're annoying as hell. I just stay away from all the media stuff its all guff.

Something else slightly related - I would like to enquire about selling my players without them finding out about it.

So Rooney has a bad season, I consider offloading him, but don't want to TL him because that could be disastraus, but I wanna see who wants him... I know IRL this would be difficult to keep quiet... but it would help alot when selling players who are valuable and not performing to well. I did it with Rooney and he 'didnt want to be forced out of the club' - I only wanted to find out just for interests sake... or if someone offered £100m.

I'm willing to bet that Barcelona and their players really do hate Mourinho.

The fans, yes they do hate Mourinho, specially after Inter eliminated Barcelona.

The players, staff team and the board? I don't think so, because I think that they understand, that like them, Mourinho's job is to win everything and every match possible like it is the goal of anyone that works in football.

Archived