Any one seen Sergio Aguero Like This.......

"There is an Aguero thread in the Good Player & Team Guide section."

So this sentence isn't good enough for you Edgar?

I'll second that.

The reason edgar said that, is because this guy KNOWS there is an Aguero thread, he has posted a screenshot of his Aguero in it before. That was only a few days ago...

Yeah but the amount of threads that have been started recently that should have been else where and the amount of repitation threads has been immense!

I mean somebody has just posted a newgen and said can anyone one beat this. That would be perfect for the rate my regen thread - no brainer. The forum is just getting way too messy - I know its GD but there are other sub forums that would be more suited to a lot of recent threads - and there are the same threads every other day it seems! For me there needs to be more order! :eek::D

The reason edgar said that, is because this guy KNOWS there is an Aguero thread, he has posted a screenshot of his Aguero in it before. That was only a few days ago...

It's an internet forum - it's not the crime of the century.

I am browsing this general discussion forum - I see a post about Aguero - I find it mildly interesting. I was not looking for this thread specifically but it took my interest.

And in all fairness - there is probably a thread for every player, team, bug, gripe, idea and out-an-out rant on these boards. It's not the end of the world.

Yeah but the amount of threads that have been started recently that should have been else where and the amount of repitation threads has been immense!

I mean somebody has just posted a newgen and said can anyone one beat this. That would be perfect for the rate my regen thread - no brainer. The forum is just getting way too messy - I know its GD but there are other sub forums that would be more suited to a lot of recent threads - and there are the same threads every other day it seems! For me there needs to be more order! :eek::D

There haven;t been manuy posts today - so would you rather have order - or nothing to read casually?

There haven;t been manuy posts today - so would you rather have order - or nothing to read casually?

Order, because then the good reads are not pushed down by rubbish and repetition.

As Ty pointed out, the OP knows that the Aguero thread is there as he has posted one these screenies in there.

Opening this thread was pointless. There are so many threads opened in GD the last few days that really should be elsewhere. Call it anal if you like, but thats the way it should be.

I was not just taking about today regarding my above post, it was the past few weeks and more pecifically the last week. There would be lots of things to read casually - Im not saying I would completely change GD - theres just too much repatition threads (there is a search function - go advanced and search title only - but it seems people dont do this) and threads that just dont belong here - it seems for every handfull of threads theres one that should not be here - yes this will always happen but the regularity of this at the moment is just not on IMO.

I'm not saying sub titles like in the bugs forum becasue people would miss out on many good threads - but GD at the moment is just a complete blur IMO, maybe sub titles are needed.

And in all fairness - there is probably a thread for every player, team, bug, gripe, idea and out-an-out rant on these boards. It's not the end of the world.

There is, that is why we have a 'search' function.

Order, because then the good reads are not pushed down by rubbish and repetition.

As Ty pointed out, the OP knows that the Aguero thread is there as he has posted one these screenies in there.

Opening this thread was pointless. There are so many threads opened in GD the last few days that really should be elsewhere. Call it anal if you like, but thats the way it should be.

Yes alot of good threads do get pushed down the list - with repitition/in the wrong place threads. When was the last time there was a really good thread with a lot of good posts - they have the potential but because you get threads like - stadium expansion - player x - club x - look at my newgen is he any good? etc etc etc and as a result the other threads get pushed down and down without any real discussion and people I fell are getting put off from GD because of the above. Its just too fragmented at the mo IMO.

That is the nature of the internet forum.

I don't mean to go on but this pretty much sums it up.

A thread from today.

Search function.

The OP is very new so he can be excussed - but its the people that should know better! And the Chelsea Embardgo is very niche subject and there are a lot of results in the search function, so just think of other, more common topics. ;)

The search function doesn't always work the way it is supposed to, Obviously in this case it probably would have but it's not the be-all and end-all.

Game, set and match :rolleyes:

Yes alot of good threads do get pushed down the list - with repitition/in the wrong place threads. When was the last time there was a really good thread with a lot of good posts - they have the potential but because you get threads like - stadium expansion - player x - club x - look at my newgen is he any good? etc etc etc and as a result the other threads get pushed down and down without any real discussion and people I fell are getting put off from GD because of the above. Its just too fragmented at the mo IMO.

Good threads will get pushed down but good threads should bounce back up - if they are indeed "good".

But remember everytime you reply to a dupliate or "pointless" thread - YOU put it back to the top - if people refrained from getting on their high horses every time a thread is opened that could have been avoided then they will drop down the forum fairly quickly.

What bugs me more is people posting in open threads completely pointless drivel which is supposed to be funny in a "quirky kind of way" without actually offering any kind of opinion, solution, help or constructive criticism. People simpy trying to "up their posts" (which itself may be the saddest thing known to man)

I've noticed some people on other boards who have like 30,000 posts and only been a member for 5 or 6 years That's around 15 posts EVERY DAY FOR 5 YEARS!!!

Even if perfection is not possible you should always strive for it even if it is impossible. Just accepting it will happen will not improve the problem.

This is an internet forum not 100m Olympic Final - trying to attain perfection in this domain is the sign of a dull existence.

Good threads will get pushed down but good threads should bounce back up - if they are indeed "good".

But remember everytime you reply to a dupliate or "pointless" thread - YOU put it back to the top - if people refrained from getting on their high horses every time a thread is opened that could have been avoided then they will drop down the forum fairly quickly.

Yes that does make sense in terms of a new post goes to the top of the thread - but for me that is not the point. If people feel its ok to start threads in the wrong place, having repetition threads far too often then they will continue to do so and the problem will get worse and worse and GD will go down hill. All I would like is a better GD - and at the moment I think it could be improved - but at the end of the day if people read the rules and followed them we would not be having this conversation.

Yes that does make sense in terms of a new post goes to the top of the thread - but for me that is not the point. If people feel its ok to start threads in the wrong place, having repetition threads far too often then they will continue to do so and the problem will get worse and worse and GD will go down hill. All I would like is a better GD - and at the moment I think it could be improved - but at the end of the day if people read the rules and followed them we would not be having this conversation.

Then leave it to the Mods to dish out bans/warning/infractions whatever they call them.

This is an internet forum not 100m Olympic Final - trying to attain perfection in this domain is the sign of a dull existence.

I was only using this in relation do your attitude of its ok becasue it will always happen and we can do nothing about it - its an internet forum yes but it just seemed like a defeatist attitude IMO.

Like Ty said I guess we have derailed this thread quite a tad! Apologies rated x but this is the place to discuss 'Kun'.

I was only using this in relation do your attitude of its ok becasue it will always happen and we can do nothing about it - its an internet forum yes but it just seemed like a defeatist attitude IMO.

Like Ty said I guess we have derailed this thread quite a tad! Apologies rated x but this is the place to discuss 'Kun'.

I wouldn't say I was being defeatist - because I think it;s pretty trivial.

The other point I would make is that when the game is released is the most active time for GD - the influx of new players and the discussion of new features means that a lot more "general" discussions will take place. At this point however, after the final patch it is natural for this forum to become a little stagnant, thus highlighting the duplicate threads even more. And if you have followed these boards for a few years you are bound to see repetitve threads.

I wouldn't say I was being defeatist - because I think it;s pretty trivial.

The other point I would make is that when the game is released is the most active time for GD - the influx of new players and the discussion of new features means that a lot more "general" discussions will take place. At this point however, after the final patch it is natural for this forum to become a little stagnant, thus highlighting the duplicate threads even more. And if you have followed these boards for a few years you are bound to see repetitve threads.

Yeah I do very much agree with the last paragraph. :)

Yeah I do very much agree with the last paragraph. :)

So we have some common ground :D

Glad to hear it - what do you think the chances are of getting this back on topic - now that would really qualify this as a "great thread" !

I'll go first....

I have Aguero for my Chelsea team and he has achieved "Legend Status" I found that a little premature though becasue in 4 seasons we have only won 1 Premier League, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 1 Community Shield (not in the same season I hasten to add).

He is pretty damn good though - very consistent and deadly with Pato of Dzeko as a partner.

You just could not write this! :D Give me an opportunity to show a screenie and I will! :p

Sergio 'Kun' Aguero for me is my favourite player on the starting database (so non newgen). He is just so talented and the thing I love about him is his flair - he can just to the most brilliant things! As a role I think he can do almost everything, but his heading for me is 14 which is good enough but his strength is only 13 - rated x has done very well to get it to 17! And as he is pretty short his jumping will never be great at 9. His determination is pretty special!!!

He is also a legend on the information screen on my game! I have always played him as a poacher and he has done very well. At first he played up front alone then he played with Messi (treq) and that was something special. He now play up top with Lukaku (target man) so he is not as lethal as he was although he does average a goal a game.

I did play him as AM (treg) and again he was very good. But anyone who can score 79 in 101 games for Argentina cannot be too bad! (AI controlled) It will be a sad day when he hangs up his boots! Oh and last season became the clubs top league scorer. I just hope I can unearth a worthy replacement - although I will not hold my breathe.

kunhistory.png

kunbio.png

Sergio Aguero is really brilliant in my newcastle game and has scored 161 goals so far. However ,he is 34 this year and I am thinking whether I should still play him in my first XI or just use him as a super sub like solksjaer. My attacking coach still regards him as an important 1st team player despite his age. What do you guys think?

Aguero's attributes: http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae24/montana2222/10SergioAgero.png

Aguero's stats :http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae24/montana2222/10SergioAgero-2.png

Aguero's coach report :http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae24/montana2222/10SergioAgero-3.png

Hes definatley got at least another starting season left in him! But I guess it depends on the competition - but your scout report would suggest hes still better than your other forwards. And is physical attributes are still very good considering hes 34. Hes still got a lot to give!

Archived