will my chairman never leave

i currently got promoted to league 1 with chelmsford and my chairman status is 'mansell wallace will never leave the club of his own volition'. we have £140,000 in the bank but i need to get some quality in if were to really looking to develop. if we never get taken over due to this status it seems like ive taken the team as far as i can and would look to find a job elsewhere. advice much appreciated cheers

Takeovers are meant to be rare, so don't worry if you don't get one

After-all, with patience you can still succeed, you just need the right signings and tactics

And even then, sign free players that will get into your first team, and if any good offers comes in, accept them

i currently got promoted to league 1 with chelmsford and my chairman status is 'mansell wallace will never leave the club of his own volition'. we have £140,000 in the bank but i need to get some quality in if were to really looking to develop. if we never get taken over due to this status it seems like ive taken the team as far as i can and would look to find a job elsewhere. advice much appreciated cheers

For that amount in league one, you shouldn't have much of a problem signing good players. You should always be able to find some quality players cheaply. Just keep checking top clubs for players released at the end of the season & keep looking for players available to loan.

:thup:

For that amount in league one, you shouldn't have much of a problem signing good players. You should always be able to find some quality players cheaply. Just keep checking top clubs for players released at the end of the season & keep looking for players available to loan.

:thup:

yeh i mean my transfer budget is 2k i can get good players from france for free but im just worried that one time if i do get in the prem and the chairman doesnt leave theres a problem lol

You might have a bit to spend if/when you get there (with all the prize money and tv rights). You still have plenty of time before that so there's always a chance of a takeover bid.

Out of interest, what season are you in?

If you do get to the premiership with a very tightly run club, you'll rake in enormous profits. In all likeliness you wouldn't lose your job if you did go down, could sign a few better players and come back quite easily. You're unlikely to get a moneybags tycoon, but on a low end wage budget you will find some talented younger players get sold for big money and the club is much more secure financially. I've happily ambled around mid-table in the premiership for 5/6 years not really looking to push up the wage bill or transfer expenditure beyond 5-10m a season, the club now has a 60,000 seater ground, top training facilities and can actually push on with a good, strong footing, and has allowed me to spend £70m in the last 2 seasons with no ill-consequences or financial risk. Taking it slow and steady can be very helpful.

im thinking about purposely taking the club into the red and hoping for the best :)

Don't, there is too much risk you'll get sacked for it

Regardless of how it happens, the manager is blamed for finances in this game

if just taken fleetwood to league 1 too.i got taken over during the first season and the new chairman took out a loan so yes we are in debt now by 1 million and rising club only worth €750k..

So maybe a takeover isn't the best unless its a tycoon

im not asking for a takeover now i got enough french talent to get me promotion to the championship .... i just wanted to know wheter the chairman will ever leave because in the prem ill need money to survive!

I don't know why you're so worried... Even if someone does take over its not a guarantee that they'll inject any funds or investment. On multiple occasions I've had someone take over and probably had less money than before the takeover was complete.

The short, simple answer is you will get a takeover eventually, but Stoke's chairman starts the game at around 72/73 and in 2016 he's still carrying on strong so chairman can continue for quite a while. Odds are though, when he does decide to step down, it will be another director who steps up and won't have the finance stats my current chairman has. So should I have a few bad seasons or overspend a bit, it won't be fixed by the chairman injecting 5 - 10m like my current one does.

• 4 weeks later...

To the original poster:

I finally made it to the Premier with Chelmsford, and the original chairman is still there. However, he gave me a 30M transfer budget even though we're £4M in the red due to ground redevelopment etc so you should be fine.

For me, the home grown restriction is the main challenge now.

Archived