Appeal to board to break wage structure

I am playing as Sunderland in the 2nd season and Robinho is available for £6 million, I can only offer 78k a week despite being 300k a week under my budget. He rejects the contract due to the basic salary not being good enough.

I also had a tycoon takeover with Liverpool on another save which gave me enough money to bid for Messi, I got a huge bid accepted and he wanted 275k a week but i could only offer him 215k despite being a massive 600k a week under my £2 million a week budget.

Surely it would make sense for us to have the option of saying the the board or chairman that we believe this player is worth breaking the bank for. I mean someone who has put well over £300 million into the Liverpool side would surely be willing to spend extra on Messi. A club like Sunderland who has just qualified for the Europa League and are fighting for a champions league place would surely allow an extra 50k a week for a world class player.

If we have the wage budget then we should get control over all of it especially with the potential resale value of these player.

It's one of the hugely limiting factors for me, sometimes I can build a team on a good, small amount of wages, then periodically a player like Vaart crops up and you can afford to buy him with ease; and you have the wages to spare - but there is a limit in place which you can't seemingly go over.

A real example I can think of is Stoke, we signed Tuncay and Huth this summer, and went outside of our normal wage structure. Last January we did the same for Beattie all 3 of those are on over 40k a week when our 'general' limit for players is about 30k. Tuncay and Huth closer to 50k, so we went nearly double our normal wage limits there.

With the wage budgets in place, there shouldn't really be any reason to limit how much you can offer for a player. You can still offer a 15 year old 150k a week if its available, just like you can a world class 25 year old if you put both as key players (obviously 15 year old doesnt sign the termins immediately though).

Tried to with Liverpool I raised it so my wage budget was £2.6 million a week but still no luck on getting it past 215k a week.

There's no player on the planet thats worth paying 215k a week wages and I dont care who it is! If your prepaired to pay this then you deserve the inevitable bankruptcy and administration that will follow. If he's asking for that kind of money then I think that this is the games way of saying that he doesn't want to join your club.

He is asking for that kind of money because he is already on 275k a week. I had a tycoon takeover and to be honest the save only lasted a couple of seasons as it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. I knew it wouldn't last long and wanted to see what the best players are that I could get.

Archived