Why is this ?

When I am searching for a good player through Coach reports and by using the search engine I can never find a good enough player for my team btw I am AC Millan

But as soon as I go to Team Report and scout the players that my scout offers they are very good players

??

Yes Basically

For example when I look for a player through Player Search there are never any good players that can improve my team for decent money

But when my Ass Manager says about the players they are very good players , and affordable ??????

Why cannot I find good players in PLayer Search ??

Yes Basically

For example when I look for a player through Player Search there are never any good players that can improve my team for decent money

But when my Ass Manager says about the players they are very good players , and affordable ??????

Why cannot I find good players in PLayer Search ??

Because you don't have complete scouting knowledge of all countries. But I have to agree that it is strange your Ass Man can find them...

I think I know what you mean. The assman always seems to have knowledge of 2 or 3 players who can provide an instant upgrade at any position, usually quite cheaply, that your scouts never find. It's handy, but not very realistic.

I don't think he's using his scouts to find players, but just the player search.

This just goes to show that your scouting network is a valuable tool (your scouts will report to your ass man with recommendations I expect) and better for finding players than the player search (a tool manager's in the real world don't have).

I don't understand why anyone would find this so shocking. I never use the player search and rely on my scouting network. They found me a great midfielder that's been a lynchpin of my current early season success.

As for the question in the title, well that's the way the game is made.

I'll also add that when when you go to player search you will likely set your ambitions too high, looking for players that look exciting and may have no interest in a move, hence the price tag. The scouts will take a lot of factors in to consideration.

It's a no-brainer to make the most of the game tools really.

So if the scouts finds the players by "looking" at clubs in the world, and you, as the manager, does the same by looking through the squads....does that mean that we're still not able to get that player up in the player search screen?

I don't use the player search screen, that's why i'm asking.

While we're on that topic. I haven't really paid attention to it, but is it still the way that the assistant can recommend some players as top notch and when you sign them, the assistant all of a sudden says that they're crap?

So if the scouts finds the players by "looking" at clubs in the world, and you, as the manager, does the same by looking through the squads....does that mean that we're still not able to get that player up in the player search screen?
Player Search (and Staff Search) lists "well-known people in your region". In reality, that appears to mean that it lists people based on their reputation and your team's scouting knowledge. For instance, I got a bunch of coaches and scouts etc. when I first took charge at Rangers. Six months later I was informed that the contract for one of my coaches was about to run out, so I decided to have a look to see if any newgens had come up who could serve as a cheaper replacement for him. What I actually found was a guy with National reputation who'd been in Israel (where one of my scouts had recently been searching) for the past few years, who I signed for 20% of the wages I was paying the guy he was set to replace. I obviously would have signed him if he'd been in the list in December as he'd be cheaper in the long run, but as I had no prior knowledge of staff in Israel and he wasn't known continentally or globally, I had no idea he was there when I signed my staff in December.

If you tell a scout to look at a certain country, when he finishes that he'll have 100% scouting knowledge of the country. If you want to use Player Search, that would be the best time for you to do so for players in that country; as his (and by extension your) scouting knowledge of the country decreases over time, you'll gradually lose players in the search who have a low reputation.

Archived