Player Attributes

Can anyone tell me if the players attributes, such as crossing, corners etc. are relative to the leagues you are in. For example I am playing as Rossendale Utd in the Northern Premier League and I am looking for a strong defensive central midfielder, if I was looking at a player with the relevant key attributes of 7+ would they be considered top class for that level or would they need to be higher ?

I seem to remember there being a general guide somewhere for previous versions but haven't found anything for 2010. I realise this would just be a "Rule of Thumb" guide and there is more to a player than just what is initially showing. I am trying to use my scouts as much as possible to judge players rather than relying on using the search function.

Any help would be great.

Values are absolute. 20 is the best in the world, not the best in the league. Very few (if any) lower league players will have 20 for crossing or corners, but one could have 20 for bravery or aggression, or flair.

In lower leagues, I try not to have most stats below 10. If I can't get that, say, there are no defenders with 10s for marking, tackling and positioning (not all the necessaries I know, but for simplicities sake) I will try to find someone with 10,10,9, or something to that effect.

In lower leagues, I try not to have most stats below 10. If I can't get that, say, there are no defenders with 10s for marking, tackling and positioning (not all the necessaries I know, but for simplicities sake) I will try to find someone with 10,10,9, or something to that effect.

Way to miss the point :rolleyes:

It's relative depending on how 'lower league' you go. I'm managing at a level where league reputation is 1, and no one has anywhere near 10 in technical attributes. 5 is good.

The way to find out is to look at squad screens of teams in the division in question. Look at a club the media predict to win that league, and one predicted to be midtable to get a feel of what's normal at that level.

Archived