Fans' confidence (constructive criticism)

One thing no one has a good word for is the fans' reaction to results.

Does anyone find them useful? Or what should SI do about it?

At the moment don't give any useful information and are only irritating. They need to be more sophisticated/realistic:

Examples from my saves:

Man Utd 2 -0 Cambridge Utd (BSP)

game: fans disappointed

irl: Fans enjoy day out at big stadium

Real Madrid 4 - 3 Valladolid

game:fan's disappointed

irl: fans pleased with plucky fightback

Valladolid 0 - 1 Barcelona

game: fans devastated by loss (Devastated???!!!)

irl: fans blame ref for unlucky defeat

and get rid of the "should have played one-legged reserve instead of leading scorer" stuff. It's just stupid.

I'm still looking for where you've been constructive but nevertheless there are some points that need adressing with this.

I would agree that the 'broken/suspended player should have played' thing needs to be sorted. Fans though are exceedingly fickle. I'm a Spurs fan and I think most neutrals would agree we've had a good season, yet if you read the Spurs forums half the fans think Defoe is awful and that 'Arry is rubbish. It's got to the point where I sometimes think I've time travelled back to the ramos delegation threatened days.

Your bsp example is extreme but let's be honest no fan likes their team losing and always wants more!

It is constructive because he suggested very reasonable improvements instead of just slagging the game off. Agree entirely with both points, two of my top furstrations with the game for sure.

Id also like there to be some changes to chairmen selling your players 6months after signing them for barely any profit when there are no financial problems at the club. You should at least be able to ask the board to reconsider/ultimatiums (which should work better)

Intentional or not, I always take fans reaction with a pinch of salt. Most fans' reactions are not quite realistic. I know people who support lowly teams that think they should be doing much better. I do agree that Cambridge would see the Man U result as a day out especially when the scoreline was decent.

Intentional or not, I always take fans reaction with a pinch of salt. Most fans' reactions are not quite realistic. I know people who support lowly teams that think they should be doing much better. I do agree that Cambridge would see the Man U result as a day out especially when the scoreline was decent.

That's certainly true but the comments should give you new information (not: "you won" or "you lost") or have an effect on the game.

Otherwise, they're just cosmetic.

You often hear managers asking fans to "get behind the team." Could give temporary morale boost.

Or: IRL fans go through phases: confident, disappointed but loyal, booing the team, throwing eggs at manager.

A sort of general confidence behind the match to match ups and downs.

It is constructive because he suggested very reasonable improvements instead of just slagging the game off. Agree entirely with both points, two of my top furstrations with the game for sure.

Id also like there to be some changes to chairmen selling your players 6months after signing them for barely any profit when there are no financial problems at the club. You should at least be able to ask the board to reconsider/ultimatiums (which should work better)

Where have improvements been suggested in the op? I can see where somethings been called stupid which is not constructive at all. The constructive bits? Still don't see them?

As you may have read in my post I agree to an extent with his points just not with the thread title.

That's certainly true but the comments should give you new information (not: "you won" or "you lost") or have an effect on the game.

Otherwise, they're just cosmetic.

You often hear managers asking fans to "get behind the team." Could give temporary morale boost.

Or: IRL fans go through phases: confident, disappointed but loyal, booing the team, throwing eggs at manager.

A sort of general confidence behind the match to match ups and downs.

Good idea :thup:

Archived