New Feature: News Roundup

I'd be a happy man if this was implemented as I think we all agree immersion is really suffering at the moment due to things not being displayed (such as manager sackings/resignations, player of the year etc).

Even subscribed to the league I don't see these things so how about a monthly 'news roundup' being delivered on the screen, split into sections which shows manager movements, important transfers, records broken, competitions won, winning streaks etc that shows you this information all together at a glance for the league you are in?

This means you don't have to go looking for things, it gives you a snapshot every month which will surely help with feeling like you're in a real football world.

For example, if a big player is transferred into the league it's not easy to see this, in the roundup it would show you this on a monthly basis under the 'transfers' section so you can see at a glance (more important during windows, admittedly).

Sounds good if it can be done in a visually interesting way. The news system has great potential, but I barely look at it is it's a bit dull and some of the more important news items aren't always displayed at the top.

What are you suggesting, like the back page of a tabloid with a section for each thing? If so it could easily be done weekly with the biggest results and transfer rumours, and monthly with all the transfers and managerial changes.

How do you see it laid out in your head?

Sounds good if it can be done in a visually interesting way. The news system has great potential, but I barely look at it is it's a bit dull and some of the more important news items aren't always displayed at the top.

What are you suggesting, like the back page of a tabloid with a section for each thing? If so it could easily be done weekly with the biggest results and transfer rumours, and monthly with all the transfers and managerial changes.

How do you see it laid out in your head?

The right balance between visually pleasing and gimmicky needs to be made - It is news at the end of the day so the text will be the most important part here which is why I suggested meaningful sections to make it easier to hone in. I use facepacks so including these where necessary would be good too.

Fundamentally I just don't want to miss things that would be easily picked up in real life. I should know when Phil Brown loses his job, for example, fairly immediately - not half a season later when I play Hull, it's ridiculous!

Archived