New Game With No Real Players

I'm sure this would have been asked but I have no idea what to search for to try and find it.

Just wondering what the benefits are to it?

I know you will have to scout everyone from scratch cause there won't be any of those well known bargains you can pick up. But does the game guarantee the same level of players? For example, will Chelsea and Man Utd still be the top two teams in terms of players? Will Arsenal still be given a team of young players?

Also, has anyone who has had a long save with made up players had any problems with youngsters coming through compared to a normal save game?

Well I did one ages ago, probly about 07. And the quality of players were that Man Utd were best and Derby were worst etc. . .

Unsure about these, but you should be able to check within 5min.

Yeah well I've loaded up a game and it seems to roughly set the power levels out right, was interested if anyone knew more details though. Like if they take the total CA/PA of a real team and then just use this as a way to distribute the stats in a made up team to ensure they stayed at the same rough level, hopefully that makes some sense...

But I'm really interested if there are benefits to this type of game other than personal preference.

The level of player should relate to the reputation of the side rather than the ability of the players.

The benefits? You can discover the whole world again, I suppose.

Ages, nationalities and such remain the same. I've had games where attributes and even most names remained the same too, not sure what happened there :D

Regens should be as good or otherwise as they are anyway.

Yeah well I've loaded up a game and it seems to roughly set the power levels out right, was interested if anyone knew more details though. Like if they take the total CA/PA of a real team and then just use this as a way to distribute the stats in a made up team to ensure they stayed at the same rough level, hopefully that makes some sense...

But I'm really interested if there are benefits to this type of game other than personal preference.

For me, the main benefit is when, if you started normally, then after 20 odd years you would think are this isnt the same as when I knew the players. And maybe start again.

I used to play games with no real players but I stopped at FM07 or 08. What used to be good about it was it felt completely random. You might be Chester City and you start the game with a player who has international caps and worth a few bob or you can pick up bargain players who should be at bigger clubs (and ultimately do end up there) relatively cheap as the game kind of resets itself. You can't beat landing a random Uruguayan International in League 2.

Recently I've noticed that you almost get a like for like player. For example Vidic for Man U; you might get a Russian of similar age, experience and value and so on so it doesn't feel as interesting and random as it used to be.

Recently I've noticed that you almost get a like for like player. For example Vidic for Man U; you might get a Russian of similar age, experience and value and so on so it doesn't feel as interesting and random as it used to be.
In my experience it's semi-random. The latest one I started just to test something, I looked at Man Utd's squad and I could point out players who were like-for-like replacements for the three first-team goalkeepers (not including Ben Amos who shouldn't really be in the first team anyway), but a lot of the remaining players in the team were totally different - most noticeable for me was that instead of five strikers in the first team (Rooney, Berbatov, Owen, Welbeck, Macheda), they had just one who was valued at about £4m.
Ages, nationalities and such remain the same.
Erm, ages might remain the same but nationalities definitely change. Taking the above example I mentioned, van der Sar was replaced by a 39-year-old Dutch goalie, but the replacements for Kuszczak and Foster were from Switzerland and Macedonia.
i think this option must be end in new version. i believe no one wants to play with unreal players.
You believe incorrectly, then, mon ami :)

i think this option must be end in new version. i believe no one wants to play with unreal players.

i always play a save with this option. i like it and i hope it stays in the game. so i think its unfair to say you believe no one wants to play with unreal players. some people do...

I prefer the non real players, but I like the history of the real players retiring, so I like the non real players, but I acvhive this by holidaying for like 10 years so lots of the real players are a lot older!

In my experience it's semi-random. The latest one I started just to test something, I looked at Man Utd's squad and I could point out players who were like-for-like replacements for the three first-team goalkeepers (not including Ben Amos who shouldn't really be in the first team anyway), but a lot of the remaining players in the team were totally different - most noticeable for me was that instead of five strikers in the first team (Rooney, Berbatov, Owen, Welbeck, Macheda), they had just one who was valued at about £4m.

Erm, ages might remain the same but nationalities definitely change. Taking the above example I mentioned, van der Sar was replaced by a 39-year-old Dutch goalie, but the replacements for Kuszczak and Foster were from Switzerland and Macedonia.

My experience from FM08 (I don't think they've changed it since) was that almost everything about a player can change. Name, nationality, CA, number of intl. caps/goals. PA doesn't change though.

Oh and BTW, you can use squad numbers to tell what player they were created from :D

I ve tried it once in FM09 -the only FM I play- and I will again, for the following reasons :

- I love to play Man City for the challenge, cash and reasonnable original reputation. Now I always buy the same (bargain) pool of players when I start. So i was looking for something different, with still enjoying City's ability.

- It also puts the game, its interest from the recruitment of players, more on the scounting, stats, staring at players rates, rather than on knowing in advance with the use of the game. You ll also less benefit from easy money through bargains to resell. It is thus also more realistic, by keeping the players you buy by only buying them for their expected good results.

- Finally, it is like a FM' (eg your favourite FM with a new database), just to enhance the interest and life time of your favourite FM version. On my own, I ve tried this option when I ve been disappointed by 2010.

How to set it up : unable Wizard and you ll find the box to untick.

For the real players comparison : in FM09 I could easily find Srna and Zirkov. I only didn't manage to find Akinfeev. They were not the same nationality but otherwise noticeably the same characteristics (age / position / ratings / and even transfer status = same price, availability, and interest from other teams). Then you have some surprise like finding a Srna-like on the left hand side.

I haven't been far though so far, as the players you buy are bets and if after a few seasons you realise you lost your bet, or appear not as good as expected, then you might feel you have lost a lots of time. This is the big difference with knowing in advance what future level you buy now (which, despite there is less surprise, has a long enjoyable life time to play I think, as there is the players you ll choose, how cheap you ll manage to negotiate them or how early you ll manage to get them).

Sorry for being a noob, but how do you start a game with no real players?

Thanks.

Quit the wizard that comes up, and then untick "use real players".

i dont see the point to this. Eventually all your newgens will be unreal players so why start a game this way?

Save time.

In my experience it just changes names ages and nationalities.

I did it on 09 and LA Galaxy had a 23 year old mexican MRC with 90 something caps who was excellent at taking free kicks... I wonder who that was...

In my experience it just changes names ages and nationalities.

I did it on 09 and LA Galaxy had a 23 year old mexican MRC with 90 something caps who was excellent at taking free kicks... I wonder who that was...

Sometimes it also changes player CA (but not the distribution of attributes though), so in other games LA Galaxy might have a 28-year-old Swedish MRC who is not that good but his best attributes would still be Free Kicks, Passing, Creativity etc.

Archived