Unneccessary stadium 'improvements'

So I'm managing in Cyprus as Omonoia Nicosia, and we've built up a healthy bank balance through a good European campaign.

At the end of the season the board go and spend £6.25mil on undersoil heating. In Cyprus ffs. :D

It's not neccessary, nor compulsory, so is this perhaps something that could do with some work?

So I'm managing in Cyprus as Omonoia Nicosia, and we've built up a healthy bank balance through a good European campaign.

At the end of the season the board go and spend £6.25mil on undersoil heating. In Cyprus ffs. :D

It's not neccessary, nor compulsory, so is this perhaps something that could do with some work?

This could be something to do with the weather module the SI bod mentioned in another thread. I'd say bugs forum, unless there is some little rule that pitches for European competition must have under-soil heating?

This could be something to do with the weather module the SI bod mentioned in another thread. I'd say bugs forum, unless there is some little rule that pitches for European competition must have under-soil heating?

I'm pretty sure there isn't as Fratton Park hosted UEFA Cup games last season.

Probably is worth a mention in the bugs forum.

Hershie sniggers... he clearly doesn't know Cyprus get snow in Winter, though admittedly normally just in the mountains.

:p

There's the occasional heavy snowfall in Troodos and up on Olympus and the surrounding area, but very rarely more than a light frost in and around Nicosia, where Omonoia are located.

I've never been to Cyprus in Dec/Jan, but when I have been in 'off-season', ie. Oct/Nov and Feb/Mar the temperature is generally well above 0, with the biggest weather concern being very heavy rain rather than "wintery" weather.

;)

edit: The main point was though, it's unneccessary especially if there's no need. If they're the only club with it there's little to gain, with plenty of time to reschedule domestic games, and no European games over the winter months.

I agree. Cyprus weather is usually rather stiffling. There is the odd chill, meaning you put a shirt over your t-shirt but otherwise its nowhere near UK weather.

If you spend long out there the moment it gets below about 15 degrees it feels absolutely freezing. :D

Archived