Beginner: a few questions

Hello there

Just discovered the game, on my way to test the demo in a few minutes.

I have a few questions concerning the game:

1 - how many seasons can you play as the 'same coach'? is it virtually infinite?

2 - can you be coach of a national team for the world cup too?

3 - how stable is the game? any crash, fatal bugs which would prevent me to continue playing after a while?

Thanks for help :)

Hello there

Just discovered the game, on my way to test the demo in a few minutes.

I have a few questions concerning the game:

1 - how many seasons can you play as the 'same coach'? is it virtually infinite?

2 - can you be coach of a national team for the world cup too?

3 - how stable is the game? any crash, fatal bugs which would prevent me to continue playing after a while?

Thanks for help :)

1 - for as long as your computer can handle it. As long as you don't get sacked

2 - Yes

3 - If you load a lot of leagues and countries you might experience some memory crashes.

Just make sure all your drivers, java directx etc. is up to date. And that you have the latest patch.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, by the way :)

Oh cause you can get sacked, hehe. Yes of course, it makes sense.

There are different difficulty settings I guess?

Not as such. You kind of make it as difficult as you want. Obviously if you start with Man City or another rich club then buying players and building a team will easier. Opposite, if you start with Blyth Spartans, you'll find things tougher.

Also you can adjust your past reputaion, the higher it is means the easier you'll find it to get a better job and attract better players.

Welcom to the forums :thup:

Nope, just one difficulty setting.

The actual difficulty of the game depends on the club you decide to manage...

It's commonly thought starting with a Top Club [Real, Barca, ManU, Inter, Chelsea etc] is the easy way to learn how to play, but on the other hand, failure doesn't go down well at such clubs, so you can get yourself sacked after a couple of mediocre results.

To be honest, I suggest you to start with the best team in a second-tier league so you can learn the basics of the game without the pressure of winning every game.

Bayern or Bordeaux if you want a good European campaign, then either Rangers or Celtic, one of the Netherlands' Top Three. Or Rosenborg or FC København if you don't care about European success.

Or, if you want to stay in England/Spain/Italy, just settle down for a mid-table/Europa League side. Good players, enough money but not too much pressure for instant success.

Haha thanks for all your replies, guys! :D

And when you get fired, no way to "jump" on a another job in another club? Or is over over?

Oh and: so according to you there are no age limit for the coach? (like in EA football/hockey career mode games)

You can move clubs once sacked and there is no age limit as such - you will stop again once you reach 100 but you can keep playing on after that.

Sounds awesome, I like that kind of carreer modes in sport games.

So if you get sacked and still can move there are no real "game over" in the game?

Archived