scottish and irish players in lower league

when i'm a LL club, why do the other teams in my league ALWAYS sign players from scotland and ireland when i include the leagues, and they always score against me after they buy them for like 2k. it's so annoying and unrealistic IMO SI should cut down on the amount of players that sign from the above, and more players from spain or italy(which appears more often in the LL)

Originally posted by FM_Master08:

when i'm a LL club, why do the other teams in my league ALWAYS sign players from scotland and ireland when i include the leagues, and they always score against me after they buy them for like 2k. it's so annoying and unrealistic IMO SI should cut down on the amount of players that sign from the above, and more players from spain or italy(which appears more often in the LL)

Players from spain and italy in the lower leagues???? Er, no...

This has long been a problem with LLM. I find players from Ireland in particular become prevelant throughout lower league clubs in England and Scotland. At the end of the first season each club in the bottom divisions will have signed 3 or 4 Irishmen on free transfers, usually earning a small part time wage.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Sweet nostalga! That's how life was in England before football was infected with silly money.

Absolutely. I remember reading a newspaper article as a young boy where they were worried there may be too many Scots, Welsh and Irishmen in the leagues and that it was a detriment to the England team. In those days, even signing a Frenchman was practically unheard of.

Archived