Chairman and the Board

Offer the players new contracts when bids are accepted for them. They may decide to resign with you instead. Keep working towards getting into the Premier League and build some club reputation. Otherwise there is nothing you can do except leave and find a different club.

I agree we should either be able to give the board an ultimatum or tell them "ok if you sell this player, season expectations will change to such and such".

When it happens, you can offer the player to clubs for nothing, accept all the bids and hope he chooses another club and then you can cancel the transfer. I usually don't use this kind of workarounds but if I think the accepted bid is unrealistic, I do it.

Set the players value a £0. That way the chairman looks at the offer, see's it's rubbish and doesn't accept. It's not realistic, but neither is having the board sell any players and the manager not being able to say a word to them about it, even a 'please don't sell'.

Set the players value a £0. That way the chairman looks at the offer, see's it's rubbish and doesn't accept. It's not realistic, but neither is having the board sell any players and the manager not being able to say a word to them about it, even a 'please don't sell'.

If it really makes you feel better, pretend you said "please don't sell" and they ignored you.

It's perfectly realistic for the board to sell players over the managers head, it's just also perfectly frustrating.

The only option for managers who don't get the control over transfers that they like is resignation - Keegan, Curbishley (IIRC), etc - or to suck it up and carry on (Avram Grant).

If it really makes you feel better, pretend you said "please don't sell" and they ignored you.

It's perfectly realistic for the board to sell players over the managers head, it's just also perfectly frustrating.

The only option for managers who don't get the control over transfers that they like is resignation - Keegan, Curbishley (IIRC), etc - or to suck it up and carry on (Avram Grant).

I agree chairman has the authority but there should be an approach board option, so i can communicate my warning and displeasure. The chairman has sold two strikers, one mid and two defenders it is getting crazy and there's nothing I can do. It is very annoying, what are the chances that SI will change thing in the next patch, not much I expect.

I quit my 15+ year Eastleigh save. Had them in the Championship on the verge of the Premiership and the chairman sold my best players for peanuts. Pulled the rug right out underneath my squad. Worst of all it was a chairman from a fan takeover that took place a few years earlier!!

There should be an option to inform the board not to sell and personally I would like the option of the board buying players to be reinstated, something that was present a long time ago and which added an extra layer to the game. Most ppl hated that option but it was fun to see the board buy someone that you didnt want and to try to steer yourself away from the signing. IRL it happens all the time.

I had the same problem. Once you have plenty of money they stop. Or maybe it was because I kept complaining to the media. It was probably the plenty of money thing.

There doesn't seem a way to stop the board, there should be a option to tell the board to stop selling my players or I may quit.

The only problem I can see with threatening the board with your resignation is that they may decide that your a troublemaker and sack you especially if your an inexperienced manager. I think it would be better if this was introduced at a later date once you've been at the club for a while and been reasonably successful.

Using the feeder clubs as an example after you've been at the club for a reasonable amount of time (2 years iirc) your able to tell the board exactly what club you would like them to arrange an affiliate with so I think if the option to approach the board and ask them 'nicely' to stop interfering with your squad should only be available to experienced managers who have been at the club for a few seasons.

Archived