Internationals and Champions League fixture clash?

I'm Everton. I've currently got a game against Juventus in the Champions League Q-F 1st Leg.

However, I am missing no less than SIX first team players due to international friendlies. These friendlies consists of African and South American sides.

Combine this with five injuries and two suspensions, I'm reduced to playing a youth team.

This is in April - it's not the Copa America or the African Nations.

In reality, this quite clearly wouldn't happen. Is the scheduling issues in FM10 going to be addressed in 10.3, as this has happened several times now.

Yeah, I had that as well, was very annoying. I didn't even have the chance to recall them from their friendlies. A mexican player, a Brazil internation and a player from the Congo were all unavailable due to friendlies.

I still won becaus the opponent had more players called up :D but still, shouldn't happen...

Yeah forgot to mention that - no option to recall them etc.

Saying that, I've just had an 18 year old 'keeper playing, along with two 17 year old strikers and a 17 year old playmaker....

And...

Got a 2-2 draw at the Delle Alpi ^^

Still though - shouldn't happen.

Just force the players to withdraw from their squads if you want to keep them.

Makes them rather unhappy, though.

There was no option like that for me. I think they had one qualification match (before my CL game) and one friendly (on the day of my game), so I couldn't withdraw them.

Same thing happened to me, ended up missing 5 first team players through friendlies, and my squad was already severely reduced due to injury. Ended up sending out almost a reserve/youth team and losing 3-0 at home to Bayern. Very annoying.

Archived