Methods of psychoanalysis

tak

Psychoanalysis in sports is at the moment the other half of physical training. Based on the classical perceptions about body and mind needing equal training, modern managers utilise sophisticated psychoanalytical methods to overcome difficulties. We will see how can these be applied to FM.

I don't have time to write everything in once, but I will take it in steps. First, we have the unpleasantness of performing and the dread of winning. As Dr Ferraro puts it : "Performing in front of a crowd provides enormous exhibitionistic excitement. This can bring with it a sense of shame that one is indulging in a taboo." And also "Some athletes carry a dread of winning because it means that they are superior to others. Superiority, for some, means greed and selfishness."

This is very interesting and often in our games we see great footballers being afraid to perform at their full capacity in big and important games. How do we deal with that?

The first thing we must do is have a coach with high "working with youngsters" and "adaptability". Psychoanalysis involves the patient to dive deep into subconsiousness and access memories from his childhood. The psychoanalyst coach must work well with the child and constantly adapt to the mixed information given by the hypnotised player during the session.

This special coach can help with players that perform badly in important matches either because they feel embarassed in front of big crowds or because they are ashamed of winning.

If you have such players and employ the right coach (adaptability>11, working with youngsters>11) you can sit them in therapy sessions. To do that you go to FMRTE, choose the player in question and increase his "important matches" attribute by 0.5 per session. For example, after 6 sessions you increase it by 3. Simultaneously, increase the attribute "pressure" by 0.25 per session.

You can do as many sessions as you like, but not too many because then the athlete will think he is sick.

More psychoanalytical methods to follow...

i agreed with you right until the point you mentioned using FMrte. i do think this is a feature that could perhaps be implemented into new games in the future as i do think its an area that footballers and coaches like to use.

good post.

Psychoanalysis in sports is at the moment the other half of physical training. Based on the classical perceptions about body and mind needing equal training, modern managers utilise sophisticated psychoanalytical methods to overcome difficulties. We will see how can these be applied to FM.

I don't have time to write everything in once, but I will take it in steps. First, we have the unpleasantness of performing and the dread of winning. As Dr Ferraro puts it : "Performing in front of a crowd provides enormous exhibitionistic excitement. This can bring with it a sense of shame that one is indulging in a taboo." And also "Some athletes carry a dread of winning because it means that they are superior to others. Superiority, for some, means greed and selfishness."

This is very interesting and often in our games we see great footballers being afraid to perform at their full capacity in big and important games. How do we deal with that?

The first thing we must do is have a coach with high "working with youngsters" and "adaptability". Psychoanalysis involves the patient to dive deep into subconsiousness and access memories from his childhood. The psychoanalyst coach must work well with the child and constantly adapt to the mixed information given by the hypnotised player during the session.

This special coach can help with players that perform badly in important matches either because they feel embarassed in front of big crowds or because they are ashamed of winning.

If you have such players and employ the right coach (adaptability>11, working with youngsters>11) you can sit them in therapy sessions. To do that you go to FMRTE, choose the player in question and increase his "important matches" attribute by 0.5 per session. For example, after 6 sessions you increase it by 3. Simultaneously, increase the attribute "pressure" by 0.25 per session.

You can do as many sessions as you like, but not too many because then the athlete will think he is sick.

So basically you made up a rationalization to justify your cheating. Let's start calling things with their proper names.

And no, psychoanalysis is extremely rarely used in sport psychology today. Most sport psychologists employ some sort of Cognitive-Behavioral approach, as it helps best with anxiety and other neurotic symptoms. No reason do dig up around player's childhood and involve concepts like "taboo".

Copied from another thread:

I always use FMRTE to add realism. For example I asked if I think player A (19 years old) is playing to his full potential. I say, no he has a lot to give. He gets upset. Now, in real life you could talk to him and say, I really think you will become a star, you have fantastic potential, don't get upset, and give him a hug. Since I can't do that in FM I use FMRTE, his morale goes 20 and we are all happy.

Don't you guys see? Using FMRTE is realistic!

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

please kys

Archived