How accurate is recommended setup?

I have a new computer (i7-860 w/4 gb ram) and FM's recommended setup is 12 leagues and a small database. I know that there is/was a problem with FM's ability to rate your computer, but I'm getting two lots of five stars. It's a lot better than before (struggling along with 3 leagues!), but I guess I'd hoped for a little more than that, say 25 leagues and a large database.

I'd like the game to run fast (say never processes for more than 20-30 seconds), so do you think I should follow the recommendation, or can I stretch it a bit.

From what I've heard, the recommended setup tends to be a bit cautious, you should be able to load a lot more than that.

I also have 5* computer performance but it only recommends 12 leagues from 4 nations, I'm almost certain I could easily run a lot more than that.

Most people try out a few different setups to see what can be run smoothly, although appreciate that it will get slower the longer you play for.

Although I could give it a try, I like to start low down, and the speed tends to slow down massively once you get to the early FA cup rounds. I don't want to keep playing through to that point to see, so I'd be greatful for people's experiences.

I think you can ignore it. My computer isnt as good as yours and runs 15 nations with a large database very easy.

I had 5 star computer performance and I used 2 and a half stars game performance.

My computer is only a dual core 2.4 with 2mb ram (I think, can't really remember)

I'm up to about 2018 and it still runs quickly.

Not really sure. It only takes about no more than 5 seconds a day. Its pretty unbelievable compared to lasy years. It always seems to be a match day its that quick.

In my experience I don't think the stars work properly... My computer performance changes, some times it's 2 and a half stars sometimes it's 4 and a half... I usually load England to BSP, Spain to Liga Adelante, Italy to Serie B, and Germany to Bundesliga 2 with a large database and it'll give me a game speed of 1 and a half star normally...

My laptop uses a 2.4ghz dual core processor and 3gb of RAM so nothing special.

Never proccessing for more than about 20 seconds... even in the Early rounds of the FA cup, but I have turned off move matches for TV to reduce extra days of processing.

Archived