corners

I score a few from corners with a very simple set-up:

Leave everything as it is, the way it's set up as default by the Wizard; change one 'Needed' to Forward' and one 'Forward' who is good at heading to 'Stand at Far Post'. Then have an inswinging corner taker and set them to aim for 'Far post'.

Wizard is a bit weird at choosing who should do what at corners. For example my target man (support) was set on stay back if needed while my central midfielder (defend) was set on go forward.

I started doing things manually and I've started to score at least double what I used to score. That really isn't saynig much though.

I score a few from corners with a very simple set-up:

Leave everything as it is, the way it's set up as default by the Wizard; change one 'Needed' to Forward' and one 'Forward' who is good at heading to 'Stand at Far Post'. Then have an inswinging corner taker and set them to aim for 'Far post'.

what do u actually mean by needed sorry not the most attentive

Scoring from corners on FM10 seems to be ridiculously hard.

Spent 4-5 years playing on CM4 and if I didn't score at least 2 corners per game with a set up of all midfielders and forwards (except main striker) attacking from forward, and main striker challenging keeper, with the corner aimed to the near post (hence main striker scoring 90 odd % of all corners), I was v disappointed. On FM10 the same setup simply doesn't work at all.

Just as in real life, I don't think there is a 'guaranteed way' to score corners in FM10.

Archived