Too easy to gain large transfer funds ?

For example, I've gone Rangers in the SPL. To start with it's all very realistic, I have no money to spend and only 30% of money coming in from sales will be added to my funds.

But then in the first window I was just handed something like £9m-£10m for January. Then the summer after I was given another £9m-£10m. After making a number of player sales to further top up my funds, I was spending a ridiculous amount of money considering Rangers current real life financial situation.

The board were basically allowing me to spend around £18m-£20m NET in my first year. There are only a few clubs in the world that could afford to spend like that at this time, never mind Rangers. I assume that as time goes on in the game and my finances improve, the board may become even more generous.

Would be interested to know other peoples experiences from other leagues. Do others agree that the game is too 'generous' in this respect. For me, it takes away from the challenge of having to try and work with a realistic budget and find bargains.

I've been at kettering for 6 seasons and now top of leauge 1. The board gave me £500.

I'm £800k in the red. spending 30K a month on wages and have only signed free transfers. Got a 6000 capacity stadium paying 17% rent.

In older fms I probably would have had a few million in the bank by now including expansions to the stadium.

Liverpool are currently bumming me.

In my fourth season and I have won league and CL three times in a row previously so loads of prize money. However:

1) I had a bank loan to begin with of £240m

2) Another loan from bank for £86m

and I spent vast sums in first two seasons and have chilled recently as I was hamerouging money, however this summer the board decides to build a new stadium.

The Liverpool Arena ( 3 CL and leagues in a row and no name!?! :( )

However this meant ANOTHER bank loan of £179m.

On top of this they took my excess funds away to leave me with 10m to operate the running costs of the club.

Harsh i thought and rather risk but I was willing to toil on to see how I could fair and the promise of a new stadium was a nice sweetner.

3 days later. Tom Hicks takes a loan out of £120m to help with the running costs of the club.

Words failed me.

Thats:

£240m, £86m, £179m, £120m

£625m in debt. My payments are around 9m a month!!

I've been at kettering for 6 seasons and now top of leauge 1. The board gave me £500.

I'm £800k in the red. spending 30K a month on wages and have only signed free transfers. Got a 6000 capacity stadium paying 17% rent.

In older fms I probably would have had a few million in the bank by now including expansions to the stadium.

Yeah, I think in lower league games it's fine. I've gone Blue Square north sides and it's been fine in this respect.

But I think once you start playing towards the top end, say EPL, Championship, SPL.......it's too easy to pile up a huge transfer kitty. Fair enough if you're having to sell to build up cash, but I think the boards shouldn't be so generous. I mean the board at Rangers giving me almost £20m in one year, not including any player sales, is just laughable.

As Born2killzone said, it's way more difficult to pile the cash if you start with a lower league side. I'm now in the 3rd season in EPL with Hayes & Yeading United (starts in BSP) and there's so much to do; improve stadium, training facilities, youth facilities, keep good players at the club, that it would probably take another 10 seasons in the EPL and mid-table ranking in average to get enough money to bring the club to a low EPL standard.

I'm struggling keeping the team to win and try to do as well as last season (3rd), offering new wages and other basic things you don't even think at when managing a good EPL side. There's never enough cash when you fight for survival with a low side. I'd love to receive a message like "The chairman in his great wisdom has decided to inject €200M in the club finances in order to help the development of the club" but no such great news until now.

I understand that, so I think we are all agreed that there isn't an issue when you play as a lower league club.

But for those that want to start the game as a Premiership or Old Firm side, for example, there is an issue here that needs to be addressed in my view. It's not just about realism, in my view the game is more fun when you have to work within a tighter more realistic budget and seek out bargains.

Your right with rangers because in real life they are stuggling finance wise.

But Picking teams like rangers or man city takes away that challenge because of the money so maybe you would prefer a lesser team.

To start right at the top is just asking for the game to be made easy. I find more satisfaction in turning a crap club good than maintaining a great club great.

The main reason is that finances still aren't right and every team ends up having loads of cash..! Which is also why you have to pay huge sums for most players to get the selling team to let go of them. Very, very, VERY annoying. So therefore transfer sums are unrealistic too

Archived