Whats it like?

hey everyone

im just wondering what 2010 is like? i had last years game and enjoyed it but not as much as previous versions. is this better than 09? also will i be able to play on the same system a bit last time for example if i delete the old game is there a big difference between memory and stuff in the new one?

thanks for anyone who takes the time out to respond

One person will tell you one thing, someone else will say another. I think it's the best yet, but there's another thread few places down that say it's the worst match engine they've ever seen.

Try the demo, I'd say, then buy a boxed version if you can and decide which patch you like the best. Steam is pants apparently.

10.1 had a long-shot issue (too many being scored), and 10.2 creates too many one-v-ones, giving the impression of "super-keepers" (even though they aren't) which I think is such a minor issue I barely notice it any more.

It's not perfect, but for me it's getting better with every release, although that's because I used to find the game very easy. FM09 was tougher than 08, and FM2010 is tougher than 09 in many ways, so if you like a challenge it's probably a good investment. If you just want to build a squad and win everything within 2-3 seasons with a team like West Ham or Fulham, it's probably not.

Good: ME graphics are better, it's somewhat faster (depending on your computer too), the tactics wizard is a dream, the shouts are handy.

Bad: I still can't see the difference between a red card foul and an accidental collision, posession doesn't always correlate to chances (one time in my Wolfburg save I had c. 55% possession yet the opp. had 17 shots to my 11), your ass man can still be an idiot, press coferences are still naff.

Indifferent: the far over linesman (in 3D TV mode anyway) thinks hes a touch judge.

All in all I think its a good improvement on last year, with some room for improvements for next year.

P.S. Should run fine on the computer for last years. The specs are still fairly basic, and it is one of the few games where you can actually play on the minimum.

Archived