Hug touchline.

Does this work?

Do you have to play a wide formation for the wingers to actually hug the touchline? If so, what is the point in putting the command in there? surely you can still tell wingers to hug the touchline even in a narrow formation.

I play quite narrow and i have tried using hug touchline for my wingers but they just don't do it. In fact, there pretty damn far from hugging the touchline. I've tried turning down creativity and they don't have cut inside or moves into channels as special moves.

Anybody else had problems with this?

I think it all depends on your formation. If, as you say, you are playing fairly narrow then I'm pretty sure that the players have the "Ability" (Not the correct wording but I couldn't think of better) to ignore such commands if it will affect their positioning or if they don't think it suits their style of play.

I think It pretty much works the same way as asking them to learn new PPM's as they can reject those requests.

Do any of your wingers have "Likes to dribble through the Centre" as a PPM?

I think it all depends on your formation. If, as you say, you are playing fairly narrow then I'm pretty sure that the players have the "Ability" (Not the correct wording but I couldn't think of better) to ignore such commands if it will affect their positioning or if they don't think it suits their style of play.

I think It pretty much works the same way as asking them to learn new PPM's as they can reject those requests.

Do any of your wingers have "Likes to dribble through the Centre" as a PPM?

Nope, i have checked there PPM's and as i said before, there is no reason for them not to be following my instructions apart from that I'm playing too narrow.

Shouldn't lowering there creativity take off the possibility of rejecting any requests? I thought that was the point of creative freedom.

Some inside information would be nice ;)

You need to play wide for the winger to hug the line. I play Aaron Lennon wide with hug the line and it works for me and provides good goalscoring chances.

That's fair enough, but like i said before, what is the point in having creativity and the option to hug touchline if the player is going to ignore the instructions.

I'm just a little confused by it all at the moment. Maybe my idea of hugging the touchline and the games interpretation are two different things. When i say hug the touchline that means that winger better be standing, practically on the line and giving the fullbacks an option. I'm just not seeing it happen nearly enough.

Are you actually using wingers?

Can I also ask your mindset between setting your team to "narrow" but wanting wingers who hug the touchline? What were you hoping to achieve?

Yes, i am using wingers. Pretty much 3 up front. One striker and two wingers.

I was hoping to achieve a solid compact formation with wingers. It can be done you know, and i have done it. It's pretty much a 4-3-3.

I have played standard or control width from the release of FM10. Seems to work wonders for me.

Does that answer your question? or was it rhetorical?

Archived