International Teams

What determines which national teams you can manage? I ask this because I'm in 2056 and want to win the World cup with a country from each continent. However I cannot manage an Asian or Oceanic team. Is it to do with players or something else?

I believe it's down to what nations you are running and as such for most people running European leagues the Asian and Oceanic nations aren't playable. Mostly to do with thte amount of players loaded at a guess.

Well it confuses me because Australia are ranked 25th and New Zealand in 32nd, neither of whom I can manage. They both have over 30 players eligible in my database. Meanwhile, I can manage Puerto Rico, ranked 178th in the world. They do however have 56 players, prompting me to believe this is the reason. By the way, I'm running England (Prem-League 2) Spain, Brazil and USA:thup:

I'd have thought it's to do with players then. Probably in your case as you're running USA as an active league as to why you can manage Puerto Rico. I have noticed in games before that different countries have become manageable when ading new managers.

• SI Staff

There's a minimum number of players required from that nation to be in your saved game for the national team to be manageable.

What you'd have to do is download a saved game editor and change the nationality of some minor (preferably very old so they retire soon) players to Australia/New Zealand.

I believe it's down to what nations you are running and as such for most people running European leagues the Asian and Oceanic nations aren't playable. Mostly to do with thte amount of players loaded at a guess.

When you select your leagues at the very start, it has the nations you can manage on the side. I'm pretty sure you have to have it set as "view-all" to play all of the nations, it seems you have it set to "europe" or something like that. As far as I know, you can't change this.

Australia is part of Asia in Pro football.

To be able to manage New Zealand, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Tahiti. I would load the australian leagues and use a large database.

Here is my guide for leagues to load for what your doing:

North America:Load MLS

South America:Load Peru,Colombia and Brazil

Europe:Load Iceland, Croatia and England

Asia:Load China, Hong Kong and Australia

Oceania:Create New Zealand League in editor(you don't really have to load it, it's just a lot of Oceanian players from countries such as the Solomon Islands play there and it might give you a really big amount of players to choose from).

Run this on a large database.

Archived