still not liking steam

i have to say im still having hiccups with steam. first it was fm09 not installing, then the patches were arseways and wouldnt work. i was really reluctant to play fm2010 after last years exerience. but seeing as somene bought it for me ill give it a crack. just not looking forward to setting it up again :( what ever happened to the good old days when ya could just throw in the disc, install the game and play. or even just typing a code like some other pc games. thats all it took. no internet connection, no steam no crap. just easy gaming!

CM 01/02 for life

You can just chuck in the disk and play. You'll just have to keep it in. You won't need the internet either.

Why don't you install it with Steam, see how it works and then complain if you have problems? It sounds to me like you've made up your mind about Steam though. Really never had any problems with what I think is quality software.

Ive used Steam for the first time with this year's version of FM, and I'vbe been delighted with it. Not had a single issue/problem with it at all, as yet, and I installed it about a week after the game was released.

As anagain says, you don't have to install through Steam if you have the DVD, you can install "the old fashioned way" it just means you have to have the DVD in the drive when you're playing

thats not so bad then. i just remember last year. it was horrible. that softanchor really hit me in sack. maybe it wasnt steams fault. but as you said i can play with the disc in the drive so lets see :)

cheers

Softanchor was nothing to do with Steam! It seems you chose Uniloc last year then :confused:

im pretty sure it was steam alright. ended up being sent a bypass from SEGA to play the game. it was like playin a chipped game or summit lol.

shouldnt your location be changed to east stand sportsdirect.com@stjamespark :p

No, that was definitely Uniloc :)

I'll still never use Steam, though. Would rather carry a DVD drive around with me than go that way.

Steam had it's problems when it was first released over 5 years ago, but has come on leaps and bounds since then. I was in the "i prefer to have a DVD in my hand" camp, but the sheer convenience of Steam and the games i play, wins hands down for me and i moved to Steam a couple of years back.

im pretty sure it was steam alright. ended up being sent a bypass from SEGA to play the game. it was like playin a chipped game or summit lol.

shouldnt your location be changed to east stand sportsdirect.com@stjamespark :p

Nope. Location should and will stay as it is!

Just curious, but how many newspaper reports/commentators/sports reports have you heard since the name change that have referred to it as sportsdirect@stjames'park?

None i'm guessing :D

Steam didn't use Uniloc.

Archived