will football manager 2010 work on this netbook?

hey i got this new net book and i was wondering is football manager 2010 would run on it?

Specifications

Processor Intel Atom Processor N270

Processor Speed 1.60GHz

Memory 1024MB DDR2

Hard Drive 160GB (5400RPM) SATA

CD-DVD Drive n/a

Graphics Chipset Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Video Memory Up to 128MB

Display 10.1" Diagonal WSVGA LED Anti-glare Widescreen Display (1024 x 600)

Network Capable Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector), 802.11b/g

WLAN

Ports 3x USB 2.0, Headphone-out/Microphone in combo jack (compatible with 3.5mm

4-conductor jack with stereo audio and mono mic), 1 VGA (15-pin), 1 RJ -45 (LAN)

Operating System Genuine Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3

Dimensions 1.04-1.29"(H) x 10.3"(L) x 6.77"(D)

Weight 2.57lbs

Warranty 1-year limited

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?webid=830070&CatIds=&AffixedCode=WW&=&=

also is there something i can do so it would work? thanks alot

The key is in the name "Netbook"

I would suggest looking at something with more power unless you are looking to just run a league or two (thats LEAGUE not nations leagues).

Netbooks are for checking email and looking at simple websites, they are hardly any use for more intense net browsing and struggle with the increase of demand of processing power by popular modern websites.

The link doesn't work unless you're in Canada. However, somewhat weirdly, that sounds exactly like the netbook I got from Staples yesterday. :eek:

It seems a very decent machine, and the processing seems very impressive for such a machine - but I'm not planning on playing FM on it. May use the netbook skin from the skinning forum and give it a go at some point though.

well.. i installed it and and everything but for some reason when i want to run it the game doesnt even open up.. if i click to open it again it says im already running it ... any ideas?

You have to run it in windowed mode.

Right click on the shortcut icon, open properties and change the target to "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

• 3 months later...

Archived