Forfaits & degradation

KS37

Mouscron (Belgium Jupiler Pro League), after forfeiting 3 games, will be removed from the 2009-2010 competition... and probably will go down to 3rd div. next season or merge with Peruwelz...

Can this go in the next dataupdate?

And how can this be handled in FM2010??

Can games be forfeited in FM2010?

Can Teams in FM2010 degrade 2 divisons in one season? or must it be hardcoded?

They have 12 million euro debts, and didn't pay they're players for a month.

In the Belgian league you need a licence to play.

You can only have a licence when you have no debt, but because of our stupid FA, they were allowed to play in the league if they could prove the debts could be paid off.

Now they're debt can't be paid off anymore and they had to give 3 forfeits in a row = that means the team is getting pulled out of the competition and all result are scrapped.

Presumably if they are placed into the 3rd Division in real life then the data update should reflect this. I'm not sure how the history will look though.

Livingston have been demoted 2 divisions this season. i imagine it'll be like that.

When does the Mouscron demotion kick in? Next season? I'd expect it to be in FM11 rather than in a data update.

But they were relegated after the season had already ended. KS37, what exactly is your question? Are you asking SI if they can come up with a patch that gives you one less team in the Jupiler League?

It would be nice to see it implanted in the next update...

Also it would be nice to give managers in future FM's the option o forfeit games... or the option of players in teams that are in debt to forfeit playing... makes it more real... not?

Livingston have been demoted 2 divisions this season. i imagine it'll be like that.

When does the Mouscron demotion kick in? Next season? I'd expect it to be in FM11 rather than in a data update.

Demotion kicks in next season... if the team does not merge or decide to move on as a new team...

If they merge it could be they play in the league of the merged team... if they start all over... the will start in the lowest division (Provincial 4th) there is...

FM11 would be the 'easy' way ... all leagues would be back to the normal amounts of teams then...

But for the people who play FM10 now... and play the Belgian leagues... and want to play a decent real life like career.. this would be a cool and realistic update.

Archived