Own Goals

Sorry if thread has been done before.

But since installing the new patch i have noticed a a lot of own goals being scored.

I have only played 2 pre-season matches but there has already been 5 own goals scored, in 1 game my team scored one but the opposition scored 2.

Has anyone else noticed this.

Tomer i would not call fc bayern a weak defence they had a full strength side against me and they scored own goals the other team was monaco - and my tactics were set to control.

and my teamtalk was set to 'it is just a run out' or something along those lines.

I understand you saying 2 games is not much to base it on but were in the prem have we seen 5 own goals scored this season and 3 of those were in the same match.

I get more annoyed by some of the terrible own goals that get scored. I can put up with the ones that seem real enough like accidently put the ball in your own net from an opposition cross, but i have seen own goals where my player is completely unchallenged in the six yard box facing towards his own goal and will just slice the ball into his own net.

I get more annoyed by some of the terrible own goals that get scored. I can put up with the ones that seem real enough like accidently put the ball in your own net from an opposition cross, but i have seen own goals where my player is completely unchallenged in the six yard box facing towards his own goal and will just slice the ball into his own net.

TBH, those are caused by players with a low professionalism rating and who have been bribed by the mafia to fix the match.

If you're unsure of the realism of any own goals, then upload a PKM to the bugs forum and we'll take a look at it. :thup:

Tomer i would not call fc bayern a weak defence they had a full strength side against me and they scored own goals the other team was monaco - and my tactics were set to control.

and my teamtalk was set to 'it is just a run out' or something along those lines.

I understand you saying 2 games is not much to base it on but were in the prem have we seen 5 own goals scored this season and 3 of those were in the same match.

fair enough - I was assuming it was the sort of pre-season I usually have with easy opponents.

The thing is that these results happen. I know that a few weeks ago there was a match in Germany that had 3 own goals - it does happen and it can happen again. It happened twice in a row in your game in a friendly with players that maybe aren't match fit, not focused, etc.

I've had three own goals myself since the last patch. One was a shot that hit the post and then the back of the keeper's head as he dived towards it - bad luck.

One where my defender tries to clear a corner and kicks it at the back of a teammate and it cannons into the goal.

And one where my centre back tries a backpass that he brilliantly lobs over his own keeper from 40 yards out - a little like Aissati's own goal for Ajax in this year's pre-seasons game against (I think) arsenal.

I noticed some get called own goals due to they deflect off the defender but in the the shot was still on target it just wrong footed the goallie. I sure in reality this would normally be given to the player who shot.

This was pre 10.2 patch so not sure if this still happens because as yet not happened in 10.2

Archived