Just unlucky i guess.

As in every FM i play so much before getting to the stage where i want an international manager only save. So this year, that time was now, managing Scotland as i always start there. Knowing that to qualify i need just a minor miracle bbecause of the state Burley left in the team. Well i do my part handing out debuts to Wittaker (injury to Hutton) Kevin McDonald (done well to) andd Ross Forbes so far. So what results did i manage.

Norway 0 - 1 Scotland

Kevin Mcdonald

Scotland 1 - 0 Macadonia

Derrick Riordan

Scotland 1 - 1 Holland

Steven Fletcher - Robin Van Persie

So i done my part, but every other group has 2 matches lef tbecause thheir group is bigger. We are on 14 points (maximum of 16 was possible) and the lowest in any other group is 15 points with either 1 or 2 games to go. Is there any way i can go to South Africa or was i on mission very impossible

The rules i was wanting was if you finish second, how do you get into the playoff expessially if your in the smaller of the groups.

Because the best 2nd place team gets the auto qualifier spot and the rest of the 2nds get the playoff spot. At least thats how I thought it worked.

its neither, the way they do it is the groups with more people disregard the points gained from beating the team bottom of the group

say you had 18 points and 6 were against the bottom placed team then it counts as 12 whereas the group with less team has all his points counted.

but then agian im not too sure :p

its neither, the way they do it is the groups with more people disregard the points gained from beating the team bottom of the group

say you had 18 points and 6 were against the bottom placed team then it counts as 12 whereas the group with less team has all his points counted.

This is correct. so for example whatever group had the Faroe islands in it all results against the Faroe islands (assuming they finished bottom)would be discounted in the final standings.

This is correct. so for example whatever group had the Faroe islands in it all results against the Faroe islands (assuming they finished bottom)would be discounted in the final standings.

Yep, this is definitely correct.

Archived