How do outfield players train on composure and concentration? (10.2)

On the new patch (10.2).

" Added Composure and Concentration to be included in Goalkeeper training."

Seems this mental stat has been added to the goalkeeper training. Ok that's fine, but how do outfield players train on this?

Surly strikers and defenders need both concentration to beat and catch the offside trap and composure to score one on ones and to play the ball out of the area calmly?

Was the composure and concentration attribute removed from outfield players in the training schedules? Sure I saw it under shooting and ball control?

It still shows on mine, although I haven't started a new game since patching as I'm halfway through a challenge game..

Do you have 10.2 patch installed?

If you hover over shooting in training you can see it says "shooting improves a players shooting, longsshots and composure" But when you go into a players training>attributes and click the training category composure isn't there.

Oh man as if mental stats isn't low enough now my strikers despite having world class finishing and technique attributes cannot concentrate or compose himself to use those skills. He instead scores own goals because he forgets we switch sides during after halftime due to his lack of concentration.

This and the fatigue bug are ridiculous. The fact that this change is deliberate makes it worse. I for one will not be downloading 10.2 even though I was keen to because of the hope that it would rebalance the goalscoring and spread it out among the team more.

I think somebody from SI have to answer this one fast, before people really starting to get angry. The issue is of great importance because it is crucial in relation to how we should set up our training shedules. It is horrible that no one with authority is here to either confirm or deny the claim.

It's 6AM GMT... let the poor men sleep!

Stu Coleman said in the 10.2 feedback thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakeable viewpost.gif

Is it intentional or a bug to remove these two training attributes from outfield players training?

That was intentional, as previously those attributes weren't trained, as far as I can remember.

I am left a little confused - are they saying that composure and concentration were never affected by training?

I think he means goalies were never trained on composure or concentration hence they added composure concentration to the keepers training schedule. But what they've done is removed it from strikers and defenders.

Anyone have FM09 running? Was composure or concentration in any of keepers, strikers schedules?

I'm getting a little confused here myself. Composure training comes under shooting as has been mentioned in this thread no?

If you hover your mouse over the shooting category in training, yes.

However if you select an outfield (not goalkeeper) player and go to his personal training tab and look at the attribute progression over the last year. Concentration and composure have been removed from their respective training regimes.

For an example to be perfectly clear. When looking at how the defensive training has been over the last year, it now looks like the only two attributes it affects are marking and tackling.

I asked if this was a bug or intentional in the impressions thread and got the answer that it was intentional. The question was probably misinterpreted. I asked about outfield players and he probably answered it with goalkeepers in mind.

The question:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4448437&postcount=211

The answer:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4449415&postcount=320

How do you know?

Because we've mentioned this elsewhere. The changelist is pretty clear on this.

- Added Composure and Concentration to be included in Goalkeeper training.

That doesn't say "we've removed composure and concentration from elsewhere".

Ok right so composure, concentration IS listed under shooting and defending just that we can't see it?

Yes. Those lists aren't comprehensive anyway, but having those attributes also displayed in goalkeeper attributes stoped them being displayed elsewhere. It's just a display issue, and will be fixed in any future patches.

Archived