british citizeon

Nocho Novo takes on the citezenship quite quickly and then goes to be eligble for Scotland, hes the only example i know off the top of my head but i think he may be a decent bench warmer for the national side. IIRC it takes 5 years and they can only play for the nation they spent most of that 5 years within.

Click on the players name and then personal and you should get the information you want. Remember though that even though a player is eligible for nationality of a country they may decide not to take it and there is nothing that you can do about that.

As for Nacho Novo I picked him for Scotland in FM 2009 while I was waiting for the new game and he did pretty well scoring quite a few goals. Its a shame that he wouldn't be picked for scotland irl because of this 'gentlemans agreement' that the home countries have.

The Gentleman's agreement is still going on. It has just been changed so those educated in the country for 6 years can gain the right to play for that country (as they can play in the Victory Shield anyway). Nacho Novo, or any player that qualifies for British Citizenship due to playing football in Britain long enough will not qualify for any home nation - thankfully.

It is a shame that SI have not managed to figure out a way to sort this out. The Gentleman's Agreement has been enforce for over a decade.

The Gentleman's agreement is still going on. It has just been changed so those educated in the country for 6 years can gain the right to play for that country (as they can play in the Victory Shield anyway). Nacho Novo, or any player that qualifies for British Citizenship due to playing football in Britain long enough will not qualify for any home nation - thankfully.

It is a shame that SI have not managed to figure out a way to sort this out. The Gentleman's Agreement has been enforce for over a decade.

I might be wrong but I don't think this will ever be included in the game because its not an actual rule just an agreement between nations. If for example Capello called up Almunia, who has said he like to play for England or I called up Novo (when I get the call from the SFA ;):D) there wouldnt be anything wrong with this because no-one is breaking any actual enforcable rules.

I might be wrong but I don't think this will ever be included in the game because its not an actual rule just an agreement between nations. If for example Capello called up Almunia, who has said he like to play for England or I called up Novo (when I get the call from the SFA ;):D) there wouldnt be anything wrong with this because no-one is breaking any actual enforcable rules.

The rule change that allowed someone who went to school in one of the Home Nations to play for that Nation without a bloodline required sanctioning by FIFA.

So I doubt if the England manager or the Scotland manager can call up Almunia or Novo if they wanted to without it first being sanctioned by the FA(s) or FIFA.

The rule change that allowed someone who went to school in one of the Home Nations to play for that Nation without a bloodline required sanctioning by FIFA.

So I doubt if the England manager or the Scotland manager can call up Almunia or Novo if they wanted to without it first being sanctioned by the FA(s) or FIFA.

ive already called up nacho novo and phil bardsley and theyve played a few games for me. once they play then their nationality turns to scottish.

Yes the game doesn't have the gentleman's agreement in it, so anyone who obtains British Nationality can play for the home nations, IRL you need to have been born in the country or have blood-relatives born in the country or been to school in the country to play for one of the home nations.

So in the game you can call up Novo to the Scotland squad if you want, but IRL George Burley couldn't.

The game does have a gentleman's agreement in it, the one about players born in the UK :p

It's not "the" gentleman's agreement, it's "a" gentleman's agreement. The main gentleman's agreement is what stops Giggs playing for England, or Beckham for Northern Ireland.

You are correct. The rule is:

A player must be to be able to play for the Home Nations:-

A. Be born in that country

B. Or have a parent born in said country

C. Have a grandparent born in said country

D. Have been educated for 6 years prior to his 17th birthday (might be 18th)

Although there is also a part where players can also play for a home nation if

A. They are born in a UK Overseas Territory which does not have an FA recognised by FIFA (including Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Falkland Islands etc.)

If a Home Nation wishes to call up a player that does not fit into any these categories they must get the approval of 3 of the 4 Home Nations AND FIFA.

Yes the game doesn't have the gentleman's agreement in it, so anyone who obtains British Nationality can play for the home nations, IRL you need to have been born in the country or have blood-relatives born in the country or been to school in the country to play for one of the home nations.

So in the game you can call up Novo to the Scotland squad if you want, but IRL George Burley couldn't.

George Burley cant call anyone up to the Scotland squad. He is no longer manager

Archived