Infinite Injury Bug?

I bought Nathan Tyson for my Bournemouth side. He picked up an injury in pre-season, and is now stuck on "awaiting treatment for torn calf muscle" and has been for the last three months. I have a physio, other players are receiving treatment and recovering, but not him.

Is this a known issue?

When you say Patch 2 - is this a forthcoming patch? Or one I missed?

If it's 10.2 it's the one that will be out before Christmas. No one knows the exact date yet, not even SI.

If it's 10.1 it's in the sticky at the top. I think that's the one, but you might need to start a new game to fix the Tyson problem.

I'm yet to experience this in FM10, but in FM08 I had one of my star players get injured for 3 months. About a year later, he was "out for 1 day" - but it was still a red INJ sign. So effectively he was injured for the rest of his career :(

I had that in FM08 as well, with Rooney. Except he was an orange INJ sign, but it never went away, it was a head injury or something. Expected to be out for a week or something, and never ever recovered, and couldn't pick him for my World Cup squads or anything due to this. :(

I had no idea this was a bug, I had the same thing happen to me with Matt Murray in a Wolves game on FM08. He had the "injured for 1 day" thing for about a year, although he did eventually become fit. I thought it was just because he was so injury prone and had a Ledley King-esque injury that the system couldn't put a time limit on.

NepentheZ - What would you have done if this had happened to Andrew Smylie in his prime? :D

Archived