Best field dimensions for counter attack?

Counter-attack means you stab the opposition in the back, so I suppose long and wide pitch would best fit that kind of game with a defense line close of your keeper. This way you will attract the opposition in your own half and try to counter-attack with fast strikers with plenty of space for a clean one on one.

All depends on the abilities and speeds of you're wide players. Personally, If i was playing a counter attacking style with quick wide players, I'd have a Long & Wide pitch and set my touchline shouts to clear to flanks. If my wide players aren't blessed in the pace department I'd go with a Long and narrow pitch and a touchline shout of exploit the middle.

I've always had a tendency to play a sweeper when counter attacking as well, and have my team defending fairly deep, most of my players (especially midfielders) closing down set to "Own Half", I find this really restricts the opportunities for through balls & long shots whilst inviting the opposition on to you. Allowing you're defence to hoof the ball over the top for a pacey striker/winger to run on to :)

105-68 i use that all the time.Tried with lots of teams from carshalton to manu Huuge success with the same pitch and same tactic

And counter attacking is not about pulling your opp's then attack in the game,its something else,but sure its the best

Archived