Absent from Training/Unfair Treatment

A player has constantly been absent from training and I've tried a warning at 1st, he called unfair. I fine him 1 weeks wages and he calls unfair, he goes absent again, I fine 2 weeks wages, he calls unfair.

How is this player so stupid to think that I would tolerate absenteeism. Luckily enough, he's not having an huge effect of squad harmony currently.

How do I get through to this player?

Sell him I guess or bench him.

I think it shoud be made possible to suspend the player for 1 or 2 weeks, like tell him to stay away, just as you can give them a leave of absence for personal problems or send them on holiday when exhausted.

I think it shoud be made possible to suspend the player for 1 or 2 weeks, like tell him to stay away, just as you can give them a leave of absence for personal problems or send them on holiday when exhausted.

You can give someone a leave of absence for personal problems in the game? :confused:

I've never seen this happen, what kind of circumstances have to occur for that to come about?

You can give someone a leave of absence for personal problems in the game? :confused:

I've never seen this happen, what kind of circumstances have to occur for that to come about?

It's in the players 'personal' drop-down menu, it will sometimes tell you he is suffering from 'personal problems' - I got it in FM 2009 with Joey Barton - it then gives you an option to 'allow leave of absence' this lasts for a month.

I don't know what often triggers it, I took over Brighton in a game this year and when I went through all the player profiles it told me that Murray was suffering from them and IRL he sems very happy there. In the players profile there is an interaction box, the option appears in there if I remember.

Its not come out as personal problems yet, the player has an ego and has been unsettled by transfer speculation but thats come about since all this started.

His media style is outspoken, volatile and confrontational and I've noticed that he's trying to adapt into a professional group of players (Its his 5th season at this club)

On a normal day, he's probably my best player and I've acknowledged that several times before this all kicked off. Thats probably added to his ego.

Its not come out as personal problems yet, the player has an ego and has been unsettled by transfer speculation but thats come about since all this started.

His media style is outspoken, volatile and confrontational and I've noticed that he's trying to adapt into a professional group of players (Its his 5th season at this club)

On a normal day, he's probably my best player and I've acknowledged that several times before this all kicked off. Thats probably added to his ego.

I agree with dking, get rid, his attitude could rub off on his team mates and if you keep fining him they too could get shirty, sidng with their team mate - which they often do- and next thing you have lost the dressing room and then your job. Let some other team have the headache.

I've had this a couple of times. The player is just sulking! He'll get over it and a message will eventually come up with the player saying that he was wrong (or words to that effect) to complain about his treatment. Just ignore him.

I agree with dking, get rid, his attitude could rub off on his team mates and if you keep fining him they too could get shirty, sidng with their team mate - which they often do- and next thing you have lost the dressing room and then your job. Let some other team have the headache.

I've already had problems with the dressing room but I've regained it, morale is quite high at the moment but I suppose a patch of bad form would see that change dramatically.

It will be a while before I can sell him

If a player really ****es me off with his antics, sometimes i will drop there sqaud status to under 18's and take them off my first team training schedule. I am the boss of the club, and yes, i am a control freak. :D

Obviously not always the smartest option if you have a ronaldo type player giving you a hard time.

Now let that be a lesson to you, annoying, trouble maker player! and team mates, take note, knowbody is bigger than the club!

Thats my philosophy.

If a player really ****es me off with his antics, sometimes i will drop there sqaud status to under 18's and take them off my first team training schedule. I am the boss of the club, and yes, i am a control freak. :D

Obviously not always the smartest option if you have a ronaldo type player giving you a hard time.

Now let that be a lesson to you, annoying, trouble maker player! and team mates, take note, knowbody is bigger than the club!

Thats my philosophy.

I did that and it made him worse. I set his squad status as 'Back-up' and kicked him onto the 'General' training, which basically meant he trains own his own, next thing it's toys out of the pram, he's declaring 'unfair treatemnt' and he wants a transfer, so I granted it and within a week he's gone for an inflated fee and he was causing unrest at his new club. BTW, this was Matthew Clarke at Bradford and the fans at his new club (Stevenage) were extremely upset with the manager as he thought he was bigger than the club from the off.

Troublemaker hey? Set his squad status higher if possible and if he's still acting like jack-the-lad then send him on a holiday.

Setting some players on 'Transfer Listed' they end up with 'Does not want to leave the club, will prove his worth to the team'.

Probably not in this guys case.

Check to see who is pals are in his favored personnel, if it's Adriano, fat Ronaldo or Ronaldinho you got a party animal on your hands.

Happened on my Celtic save with Boruc he was abent a lot and his performances dropped so i stuck him in the u19s for a few games and then brought him back and he had a good game so i praised hime and hes been magic since then

Have a guess who's at it for me ;)

Troublemaker hey? Set his squad status higher if possible and if he's still acting like jack-the-lad then send him on a holiday.

Setting some players on 'Transfer Listed' they end up with 'Does not want to leave the club, will prove his worth to the team'.

Probably not in this guys case.

Check to see who is pals are in his favored personnel, if it's Adriano, fat Ronaldo or Ronaldinho you got a party animal on your hands.

He's apologised but still unsettled from the jan window where I tried to offload him. I had him in the reserves and told him he wasnt going to play for a long time so he was saying that complaining was never going to get him near the first team.

I'm thinking that warn & fine as you like and if they dont accept, reserves & tell them that they wont be playing for a while will eventually work best.

Archived