FM08 : RSCA Anderlecht : Mens sana in corpore sano

Purefun

061207_Anderlecht_Badge.jpg

Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht, usually known as Anderlecht, is a Belgian football club. They are the most successful Belgian football team in European competition as well as in the Jupiler League (this is the highest league). Although they were founded in 1908, they only won their first major trophy after World War II (in 1947). Since then, they have only finished outside the top 5 of the Belgian first division twice. They have been in the first division since 1935-1936.

Full name : Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht

Nickname(s) : "The Purple and White" or "The Purple"

(Dutch: Paarswit, French: Les Mauves et Blancs, "Les Mauves")

Founded : May 27, 1908

Ground : Constant Vanden Stock Stadium

Anderlecht, Brussels (Capacity 26.361 (full) 21.619 (UEFA))

Chairman : Roger Vanden Stock

Manager : that would be you

Some background information:

Anderlecht colours are purple and white, and the club's home kit is generally white with purple trim. R.S.C. Anderlecht play their home matches at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium located in Anderlecht. The board of directors is currently considering a move to a bigger stadium that would not necessarily lie in Anderlecht. Anderlecht has been playing in the Parc Astrid since the building of the Emile Versé Stadium in 1917. The stadium was completely rebuilt in 1983 and it was renamed in honour of the then chairman Constant Vanden Stock.

Anderlecht fans are generally considered the most demanding in Belgian football. The club has had the highest average attendance in the Jupiler League for ten years.

Honours:

Belgian First Division:

Winners (29): 1946-47, 1948-49, 1949-50, 1950-51, 1953-54, 1954-55, 1955-56, 1958-59, 1961-62, 1963-64, 1964-65, 1965-66, 1966-67, 1967-68, 1971-72, 1973-74, 1980-81, 1984-85, 1985-86, 1986-87, 1990-91, 1992-93, 1993-94, 1994-95, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2003-04, 2005-06, 2006-07

Runners-up (18): 1943-44, 1947-48, 1952-53, 1956-57, 1959-60, 1975-76, 1976-77, 1977-78, 1978-79, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1988-89, 1989-90, 1991-92, 1995-96, 2002-03, 2004-05

Belgian Cup:

Winners (8): 1964-65, 1971-72, 1972-73, 1974-75, 1975-76, 1987-88, 1988-89, 1993-94

Runners-up (3): 1965-66, 1976-77, 1996-97

Belgian Supercup:

Winners (8): 1985, 1987, 1993, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2006, 2007

Runners-up (6): 1981, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1994, 2004

European Cup Winners' Cup:

Winners (2): 1975-76, 1977-78

Runners-up (2): 1976-77, 1989-90

UEFA Cup:

Winners (1): 1982-83

Runners-up (2): 1969-70, 1983-84

European Super Cup

Winners (2): 1975-76, 1977-78

Squad

GK Daniel Zítka

DF Olivier Deschacht (vice-captain)

MF Lucas Biglia fixed PA of 170 in the game great player

DF Jelle Van Damme

FW Stanislav VlÄek

MF Jan Polák

FW Mbo Mpenza is tranferlisted

MF Ahmed Hassan

MF Mbark Boussoufa

MF Thomas Chatelle injured for 4-5 months

GK Silvio Proto

MF Bart Goor (captain)

MF Oleksandr Yakovenko (on loan from Genk) + agreed transfer also fixed PA of 170

MF Bakary Sare from youth but has potential

DF Cor Gilles from youth has potential

GK Davy Schollen

DF Roland Juhász

FW Serhat Akın

DF Nicolás Pareja injured for 1 month

DF Marcin Wasilewski

FW Nicolás Frutos injured for 2 months

MF Guillaume Gillet

MF Mark De Man

MF Jonathan Legear

FW Luigi Pieroni (on loan from Lens) + agreed transfer

There are also a lot of players loaned out of which a few have potential f.e. Lamah and Tioté at Roda are good and Thereau at Charleroi is good too.

I didn't give a recommended set-up for the simple reason everybody plays different and chooses there own players. And you have plenty of players as you can see.

Star players imo are : Biglia, Boussoufa, Juhasz, Pareja actually the team looks good overall.

Areas to strengthen : You need to buy a fast striker and if possible a defensive midfielder.

Target: The board expect a first place in the League and don't you loose against Club Brugge or Standard or you're in trouble. Winning the league shouldn't be to hard unless you have injuries (long ones). The hardest thing to do is to qualify for the Champions League which is a must imho. Only with this you can secure a

steady moneyincome and also attract some decent players.

The main objective is - if you play the game - to become again a European powerhouse that Anderlecht were back in the late 70' and beginning of the 80'.

Major problem you only get 2 mil euro transfermoney and the board will not increase it even when you set an ultimatum. The same goes for your wagebudget.

I wish you all good luck. icon_wink.gif

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

whats the rule about non euros?

thats the only good thing : none mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

might have to have a look at them then, but the crap money might be tough as i doubt you get alot of money for winning the league icon_frown.gif

Normally you get nothing for winning the league mate.

But the Belgian Football League signed a big contract (for Belgian norms) with a private TV-station maybe we get a lot of TV-revenue, that i don't know.

And yes hard to sign anyone.

If anybody could tell me which players would actually come to Belgian competition at low wages for almost no transferfee and than even play in Champions League feel free to recommend!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif (they have to be of some level thx)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

What about B. Kalou on a free, he comes to most teams

didn't he sign for some arabian team, i'm on 8.02?

anyway will check it out tomorrow thx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure he's free on 8.0.2

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeyt:

I've been to Anderlecht's stadium in Brussels, have you purefun?

Offcourse i believe i've been to every stadium in belgian first league except dender and roeselare </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you live there?

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

i think i might just gut the team and sign laods of youngsters to reaplce them as the league is my main target atm

doing the same mate currently have 5 players on loan and number 6 and 7 are on the way.

That Anichebe from Everton reserves looks fine and you don't need to pay anything.

Scored in his first game for me.

Could you give me some advice on others to loan or maybe even buy??

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

i've only managed to loan in Anicheve aswell but i'm sure there are some brazilians that we can loan.. its just a long time lookign for them icon_frown.gif

only managed to buy 8 players icon_frown.gif

buy 8 players (imagine that i'm screaming this) icon_biggrin.gif?

please give me a s.s. mate i want them too

Originally posted by Scott08:

Seems Anderlecht are the new Lyon. Mat have to join the band-wagon icon_biggrin.gif

However, i've no knowledge of the Belgian league at all. Any restrictions/rules that I should know about?

Thanks icon14.gif

No restrictions whatsoever mate so have fun i'd say icon_wink.gif

BB

Good signings and its a good start. Anichebe is gonna rock the league. icon14.gif

Update on transfers

Little note the first one on the list the player from Bordeaux, i had to send him back for some reason i couldn't play him before 30.06.2008, shame really a versatile player. Also will probably send Hoyte and/or Abenzoar and/or Diakite back.

Also signed some players comming at the end of season and in January don't understand why they aren't in there.

Champions Trophy Love that Anichebe.

Played a couple of games.

One draw and one win in the league.

Than i had to play Dinamo in third qualifing for Champions League and i lost 1-0. Still aggregate is at home so should win. icon14.gif But that will be for tomorrow.

Barnetboyz you're not playing anymore??

Purefun, have a look at 'reis asraf' from coventry if you loaded the championship when you started, if you work on him he becomes really good.

Also Marvin Elliot is a player in which i reckon could do a good job for you, hes versatile, so even if you used him as sub he would come in handy in beating your rivals eh!

Or how about Danny Haynes, im just going on my knowledge of the 8.01 patch, but he should be within your wage bracket, if not loan Daniel Sturridge, hes awesome for me purefun on every FM i have had.

Anyway, i know these are probly too hard to get, or you ave probably got players loads better lol, but i just thought i would keep you company until you back with Lyon m8.

Jimbob.

Beat Dinamo at home 4-0 (Pieroni 3, Hassan 1) so i'm threw to the groupstages of Champions League which is financially great for Anderlecht.

In the league however i'm conceding far to many, hoping this gets better after a while.

Still need an aml.

Originally posted by jonahno6:

I might join you soon purefun, sounds like a good game, any must buys? ANICHEBE icon_cool.gif \O/

Yeah good striker to loan but isn't scoring as much as i want him to tbh.

Warning very hard game, no money is lethal if you're not used to it (like me).

Yesterday i think. icon_biggrin.gif

-----

Handed my champ. group got to play Arsenal, Porto and Stuttgart. Why did i even bother to qualify. icon_frown.gif

Had some last minute loans in : Kroos (Bayern) to be back-up for my AMC-spot and Dzudsak (sp) from PSV because i needed another aml for rotation.

I send Hoyte and Diakhite (sp) back to their clubs because i didn't need them.

Read your message Purefun.. Everything's good thanks mate icon14.gif

I've been following the thread. Still planning on an Anderlecht game - just a bit worried about the lack of money and the lack of Belgian football knowledge, hehe.

Anyway, i may well load up an Anderlecht game after work tomorrow, play through pre-season and see how im getting on. I think once i get into it i'd be ok.

Archived