Fining Players - unfiarly treated

Got a defender who received 3 red cards, 11 yellows and I am only in December.

I have warned him twice, third time I fined him. Came back with "unfairly treated"

When is the best time to fine him?

Also I think the interactions with players can be bumped up. I would like to explain to him why I fined him, although bit obvious.

Things like personal issues, the player should give me a reason what the personal issues are. Why they dislike me etc. So I can do things different to cater for him.

Got a defender who received 3 red cards, 11 yellows and I am only in December.

I have warned him twice, third time I fined him. Came back with "unfairly treated"

When is the best time to fine him?

Also I think the interactions with players can be bumped up. I would like to explain to him why I fined him, although bit obvious.

Things like personal issues, the player should give me a reason what the personal issues are. Why they dislike me etc. So I can do things different to cater for him.

If he gets a red from 2 yellows it seems that you can only warn him. If it's a straight red you can issue a one week fine which should adjust his temperament.

Red Cards usally ruin any cahance I have of winning So I try to tak a firm line. I don't have tackling on hard so there is no excuse. My policy is warning after 1 red, fine 1wk after 2 red and fine 2wk for every other red that season. Every so often a player complains about been treated unfairly but I ignore him and if asked in press conference about unfaitr treatmnet I deny that its unfair. The player get over it about two months later.

If he gets two yellows in a match and is sent off, then a warning.

If it's a straight red hit him with 1 weeks wages, happens again hit him with 2 weeks wages.

Always go back and look at the match report and see what the bookings were for before taking action.

Got a re-gen who has a incredible PA of 198, but he gets sent off for fouls all the time.

Why? Could be certain stats because he still learning, has a very high dirty attribute or his prefered move of 'Marking Opponents Tightly'.

I tried to train him to stay on his feet after a couple of months, he failed to learn it.

Only throw him on as a sub now, too much of a liability.

Makes Robbie Savage look like a saint.

Yeah players do sometimes say they have been treated unfairly - even though they deserve the fine for their actions. But just like IRL footballers can be a bit fickle and in a few weeks time they will be your best mate and say to the media that all is well. :)

If he gets two yellows in a match and is sent off, then a warning.

If it's a straight red hit him with 1 weeks wages, happens again hit him with 2 weeks wages.

Always go back and look at the match report and see what the bookings were for before taking action.

Got a re-gen who has a incredible PA of 198, but he gets sent off for fouls all the time.

Why? Could be certain stats because he still learning, has a very high dirty attribute or his prefered move of 'Marking Opponents Tightly'.

I tried to train him to stay on his feet after a couple of months, he failed to learn it.

Only throw him on as a sub now, too much of a liability.

Makes Robbie Savage look like a saint.

It seems like disciplining will reduce aggression and increase temperament, but does not change dirtiness.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rules i use.

Dismissal for 2 yellow = warning

Straight red = 1 week fine

Straight red for voilent conduct = 2 weeks fine

Generally my players dont get upset by this and consequently decide to play normally in the next game and not spoon every chance/tackle/clearance.

Rules i use.

Dismissal for 2 yellow = warning

Straight red = 1 week fine

Straight red for voilent conduct = 2 weeks fine

Generally my players dont get upset by this and consequently decide to play normally in the next game and not spoon every chance/tackle/clearance.

I stick with those as well. If the player disagrees, tough luck. Being firm teaches them what's what, and I do see a significant decrease in red cards in my second season at my club.

If a player keeps getting sent off, I sell him.

Archived