Captains Effect on a Team?

I'm also wondering if there is any insight as to how a captain influences team performance. That influence rating must mean something and the quality of the captain maybe has a slight effect on the overall quality of the team...or maybe its just the captains personality that effects the teams overall determination. I imagine the effect is pretty slight but influence must mean how much the effect is applied.

I think that captains influence shouldn't be underestimated. Few games that I remember playing without my standard like 5 captains had most of my players nervous or complacent or without confidence. I am not saying that no good captain is the only but I think it is the main reason. When you think about it irl captain is there to make their moral up and giving their best even if loosing by 5 or winning. Players need to know who their leader is. He doesn't really have to have 20 inf. but I believe 14 is a must. It has to be a respected player. He is the main morale keeper for players on the pitch. Sun Tzu believed that moral, weather and terrain are main factors in battle. Commander being the main factor in building moral. Now the question might be how close to reality fm is. I think its quite close.

As Man Utd I find we play poorly when Rio or Giggs aren't playing, the game makes Rooney captain if my selected players are missing and they don't do nearly as well. Odd cause I used to make Rooney captain after a season or 2 on previous games.

Does influence improve?

Archived