First Game in Charge - Best & Worst Results?

Well, having guided Shewsbury Town to two consecutive titles ,Blue Square Prem & League 2, and before anyone asks, yes Shewsbury did get relegated and thats how i got the job.

Anyway... with such success job offers flew in and i eventually took on the Bristol City job who are in the prem league, 15th in the table in November and have given me £13'500'000 to spend.

First game in Charge was Away to Arsenal in the league.

10 - 0 Defeat!!! Couldn't believe it, after the 7th goal, i just watched and laughed.

So question is, after taking over a new side, what was your best or worst result?

Not Fm10, which I presume you mean.

But in Cm96/97, I was Man Utd and beat Newcastle 3-2 in the charity shield.

All I remember was Andy Cole scoring and I didn't know how to use the tactics properly, but just gave the numbers to the players as they had in real life, without adjusting the tactics. (there were no AMC, FC selection on the squad list, you had to alter the position in the tactics screen).

So the automatic formation would be accoridng to these numbers...

2 4 5 3

7 8 6 11

9 10

So my team would have been, from memory...

Schmiechel

G.Nev May 5- cant rememebr Irwin

Cantona Butt Pallister? Giggs

Cole Beckham

Yes, Pallister MC, Cantona RM, Beckham FC- I still won though :p

After taking over from Brian Laws at Sheffield Wednesday on FM08, my first game in charge was at table topping Charlton Athletic.

It ended in a dramatic 4-3 win for us.

CharltonvSheffWedOverview.png

Worst results for first game in charge have to be Changsha 0 Dalian 2 in China and this is my first game in the BSS...

I took over Bishop's Stortford, after being sacked at SV Wacker Burghausen, in time for the very last league game of the season. we were above the relegation zone by goal difference and faced a home game against Braintree.

Braintree did everything to let us win the game, they got reduced to 9 men and in the end score our goal for us which kept us in the BSS. We finished 19th. It was one of the most frustrating performances I've seen from my team, they had lots of chances but failed to put any away.

On FM09 i took over Man City half way through the first season and found them languishing near the relegation zone. My first match was the day after I got the job away in Europe (i forget the team) and we won 11-0 with 4 goals from Vagner Love. We then went on to lose 2-0 at home to Sunderland and then put 8 past another team in Europe with no reply. Crazy times.

Nice mate, lets hope that happens today:D

First Game in charge at Wolves we drew 1-1 to Man City Away

Nice...bet the fans were "pleased" :thup:

I beat them 3-0 at home in the carling cup and that was a great result!

and off topic i hope we do the business today too!

Archived