Opponents down to 10 men

Is it me or (on the original FM2010 with the latest patch), is it unrealistic when the other team get a player or 2 sent off? About 3 times I have managed to lose games when it has occurred, but never seem to win.

Also, how would I go about editing the database, with the game installed without Steam?

Cheers

On the database question, go to:

Start - All Programs - Sports Interactive - FM10 - Tools - Editor

Edit all you want, save (and DON'T call your save file config), load up the game, click 'new game', tick the 'change' box in the pop up, and on the next screen select which database add ons you want to be included in your game.

I had players sent off early in games and went on to score goals and win the games, and neither were against easy opposition. So it is possible.

As for other teams, I have noticed they can get incredibly difficult to beat after they have a player sent off, if I win at all I only win 1-0 or 2-1 and usually I have scored even before the player was sent off.

I do think teams going down to 10 men should be easier to defeat, as more often than not when you lose a player, your team plays worse and you lose the match.

Teams winning with 10 men does happen in real life so wouldnt say its that bad

I know that it does happen, it's just out of the 2 games I've played it occurred both times, with one of them the other team having 9 men and me being 1-0 up.

Cheers for the database help as well!

Teams who go down to 10 men on FM always play better afterwards. I know it sometimes happens in real life, but the key word in that statement is sometimes - not always.

It works for human teams as well as AI. I once had a game where I was losing 1-0 before having a man sent off. I just left his position empty and won 6-1.

I was playing a game against 9 men who where concentrated centrally in a 3-1-3-1 formation but despite checking all the boxes short passing, pass to feet, exploit the wings, clear the ball to the flanks - all my passes are long and direct to the opposition strengths in the centre of the pitch. Why did the sending off make all my players stupid?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that...

FM10 just doesn't seem to "get" the man advantage, no matter how offensive your tactic gets.

In 4 games against 10 men, I won 2 and drew 2, and both wins were by 1 goal.

One game I played against 10 men for 45 mins and against 9 in the final quarter, but my team didn't manage to shoot on goal, let alone to bag one.

I know SOMETIMES in football a shorthanded team can play "better", but I refuse to accept that happens every single time, even when the opposition is weaker already on even terms.

What annoys me most is when I am beating a team already 1-0 or whatever the score is, then suddenly they get a player sent off and spring to life. I can be top of the table, and they are bottom, and suddenly it's like we are the other way around. They turn in to Barcelona while I turn into Portsmouth, anyone would think I had the player sent off.

So many times I have been dominating a match, forced them to have only the odd shot, 2 or 3 in an hour, then their player is sent off and suddenly they are having 2 or 3 a minute. Eventually my defence just can't hold out any longer and I concede. They equalise the match, and sometimes even go on to win it, and I'm left feeling frustrated that I can dominate when it's 11v11 but not when it's 11vs10.

• 1 month later...

Archived