Is Loaning worthwhile?

need to get a good balance, because if they go on loan somewhere and dont play much and are surrounded by worse players, coaches and facilities it stunts them a bit. so pick carefully where you send them, and dont send them on loan year after year to places

I am only sending players who r about a year or 2 away from able to be in my main squad to get them playing experience for when they step up. I'm sending them to teams who basically guarantee first team football. Other players who may be longer term will go on loan to anyone or may stay and get playing time for reserves and under 18's

I play close attention to what they say at the offer stage as too how they value my player in their squad. Ive found it works quite well if you allo players to go out on loan when it says they will be valuble squad members. Not so much when they are stated as cover.

I prefer to put my players up for loan at the Jan window because then you know the teams league positions. A team wanting cover who are struggling in the league wont do much good for a youngster imo.

Getting first team experience sounds good... And looks pretty on the history screen. But does it increase the player's skills as well?

Im many cases it does but depends on various factors such as a players determination, professionalism and if he is playing regularly with good/average match ratings. In my view match experience is the main way to develop a promising youngster.

Each player has a set Potential Ability that they will reach/won't reach according to Genie Scout. Sending them out on loan won't change this so is pretty pointless isn't it? Unless i'm wrong, and sending them out on loan to get first team experience boosts their potential ability? I've never noticed that happen though.

Each player has a set Potential Ability that they will reach/won't reach according to Genie Scout. Sending them out on loan won't change this so is pretty pointless isn't it? Unless i'm wrong, and sending them out on loan to get first team experience boosts their potential ability? I've never noticed that happen though.

Sending them out on loan can help increase their current ability (CA). So if they go out on loan, play on a regular basis and do reasonably well it can improve how good they are. It won't change how good they could potentially be though, the PA.

I generally think most youngsters need at least one season out on loan if they're not getting first team experience at your club. It has to be to a team that they'll play most matches in, and have a chance of doing well though or otherwise they'll just rot away at the loan team and not even get the benefit of your coaches and facillities.

As I have been promoted quite rapidly I have a bunch of players on decent contracts who are no longer up to first team football. As I don't want to waste money by paying them out of their contracts I was hoping that they might attract transfer interest and wondered whether loaning them out - so they get some first team football - has some effect on their value and attractiveness - keeping them in the shop window so to speak. Any ideas/theories?

Archived