Forget late goals myth

Forget about the need to change how many late goals r conceded i am finding the complete opposite and managing to concede a hell of alot of goals within the first few mins, especially against teams that im clear favourites to win. They score the first goal then dont manage another shot in the whole game. I just think this is a bit bizarre that it becomes so frequently.

Has anyone else found they concede alot of early goals?

I score more in the first few minutes than I concede in the last few. Then again, I score more in the final minute than I concede too. Only thing is, when I go 2-0 up in the first five mins, I've got to change tactics otherwise I know I will concede 2-3 before half time. I think I've managed to counter this now.

It seems to come in waves for me.

For part of the season i will nearly always concede a goal either straigh from kick off at the begining of the match or within the first couple of minutes.

That will then suddenly stop happening and i start conceding in the last few minutes of a match, usually after added on time should have ended.

Then i will go through a faze where all i can do i draw, regardless of the opponent, sometimes leading to very unrealistic 6-6 type scorelines.

I have no doubt this is all tactics related, but sadly i dont have time/patience/interest to watch every match in full and spend hours tweaking tactics. As a result, i have stopped playing.

Sadly i think FM may well have passed me by now and is purely for the sort of person who can spend hours analysing every stat and spend hours watching every detail of the match. I prefered it when you didnt actually have to be a football manager to be able to play it successfully. Yes it may be more realistic now (although i would disagree with this also, but that is another matter) but for me the fun has gone.

Archived