Mo' Threads, Mo' Problems.

Well, i've been pretty quiet around this forum, spending most of the time in "Data Issues" with the portuguese community, but now i'm going to speak my mind. It's not one of those "I hate this game and i'll never play it again" threads but its one with just a guy pointing out a few problems (at least for me) and hopefully getting some feedback.

1. I read, before the game was out for sale, that there wouldn't be a lot of "screamers" in this one, which would be good if it was actually true .. but it isn't as i'm seeing more than in 09, specially against me lol.

2. Goals that are scored way to soon. You know, rarely in real life you hear about some goal in some league that was scored 20 second after the match started and it's one of those things you'll probably laugh at but, you know, it's still a special moment. The key word there is rarely though .. as it happens way too often in FM, maybe its just me, i don't know. One other thing that's somewhat related is, for example, your team scores, you're still celebrating and all but then, the other teams starts the match and in that exact same attack they score .. you can't do anything at that point besides looking at the screen almost in tears.

3. This is a strange one lol even for me, let's imagine you're managing Man. Utd and you're playing against Hull .. this is one of those matches that sometimes you're on the attack every single minute but you can't seem to score, and then all of a sudden, Hull attacks for the first time and scores, and you lose the match. Nothing that strange, it happens, sure. But now, that i am actually managing one of those teams with low reputation (Naval, from Portugal) that "small team luck" doesn't seem to happen lol. Just an hour ago, for example, i was playing away against Braga and i dominated that match, getting 7 more shots then the other team. Yet i lost 1 - 0. I know its a strange thing to complain about, i'm not exactly complaining really, just speaking my mind.

4. The defence aspect of the ME. Too many mistakes a game. No matter how defensive the mentality is, the other team always seems to get through balls way too often. The fullbacks look like mimes, they just do what wingers do, run parallel to them, but dont do anything else like you know .. tackling .. like they should. Some of you might say, "ok, you should switch Tackling to "hard", that way they'll probably do something" .. but if i do that the other team gets one penalty every 2 games.

5. Sometimes it seems the game will do anything to make you lose, and i mean strange things happening .. examples:

- My central defender was the one taking the freekick, due to a foul next to my penalty area .. he waits .. and he waits .. and he waits .. only when an opposition player is passing next to the ball does my central defender decide to take the free kick, of course he kicks the ball against the other guy, the other guy takes it runs and scores .. easy but incredibly stupid.

- The opposition goalkeeper kicking the ball over my defence and making an assist (yes this, apparently, still happens)

- A player of mine had the ball, he passed it to another player who didn't catch it (?) even though he has 17 first touch (it looked like someone throwing a rock at another person) so the ball went in another direction, and by "another direction" i mean, conveniently to the other team's striker, who ran away and scored.

6. I'm tired of talking about this one, but since i never got a proper answer here it goes .. what players are worth in the portuguese league, Cardozo is worth around €3 million, just like Hulk for example, i don't think there is a player above €4 million here .. i've seen Izmailov being sold for less than a million, Liedson for €3 million etc .. completely ridiculous, last year only in real life, Lucho was sold for €18 million, Lisandro for €24 million and even Cissokho was sold for €15 million, go figure ..

7. I don't know if a lot of people agree with me on this but ... when we get stuff like "we think this player should try more long shots" in the Backroom Advice but you do not agree and reject it, why is that a problem again in the next meeting? If i didn't want it the other day i probably still do not want to do that right now, so stop asking the same thing .. the same goes with contracts and other things. Basically, everything repetitive.

8. When we're managing smaller teams, one of the few things that can save us are loans, but the majority are completely broke (0 with Naval) so we can't get any players on loan because the other teams ask a lot of money, even for the crappy players .. we are the ones doing them a favor, letting a player with potential play regularly but no .. "you either give us half a million or he sits in the bench the whole year" .. i guess they win.

That's it for now, i probably have more things to talk about but i don't remember right now.

Leave some feedback but try to be nice :thup:

I have to agree with most of the things you said.

Too many times already have I seen my players kick a ball, my player fails to control it properly, and it falls to the feet of an opposition player who then sprints away and either scores or creates a goal for someone else.

Too many times I have scored only to concede 30 seconds later. It is especially frustrating when you spend an hour attacking them and finally get one, and suddenly they are back level again.

I often see my players standing still like rocks. They seem to show no interest in picking up loose balls, chasing long balls, or following defenders. A few times I have had 3 players stood within 2 yards of a loose ball, but none of them make a move, and suddenly an opposition player runs in and takes it. I have lost count of the number of times I have screamed at my players for this :)

As for the screamers...way way wayyyyyyyyyyy too many. Not to mention Frank Lampard especially scores far too many of his. Yes he is known for scoring long range strikes...but do you know how many times he has to shoot to score each one? As far as I know his conversion rate is actually pretty poor...and yet almost every game he will score a 30 yarder against me.

Sigh :p anyway...nice post, raised the points in the right way without screaming and crying and throwing your toys out your pram.

the worst for me are the through balls that they always get on to. I cant seem to stop them, i tried lowering my defensive line, but they still get through and i know they are gonna score. Every time i see my guy go 1 on 1 i know he's gonna hit it straight at the keeper. Most my goals seem to come from corners, but i almost never concede a goal through corners. They are usually 25-30 screamers from crap players or 1 on 1's from a break. I just had a hat-trick with Lucio lol, all from corners.

im feelin your pain 2Pacalypse. scoring and conceding in the first 30 seconds is happenin every 3rd game ish in my spurs game, sometimes its me sometimes its not. but on the other side of the portugal comment, i will say this. hulk is a fav of mine. he is valued at 4 mill in my game. i have had a bid of 20 mill rejected. not a prob but dont tell me he is worth 4 mill and turn down 20. tell me hes worth 20 and i know where i stand. same with codozo. iv never had a bid of under 10 accepted even tho hes valued 3 mill. loans suck if your a lower league team with no money, but it shouldnt do. Clean sheets are a myth in this fm im sure of it so iv preety much adopted the real madrid tactic of "ill score one more than you" so carnt help there

im feelin your pain 2Pacalypse. scoring and conceding in the first 30 seconds is happenin every 3rd game ish in my spurs game, sometimes its me sometimes its not. but on the other side of the portugal comment, i will say this. hulk is a fav of mine. he is valued at 4 mill in my game. i have had a bid of 20 mill rejected. not a prob but dont tell me he is worth 4 mill and turn down 20. tell me hes worth 20 and i know where i stand. same with codozo. iv never had a bid of under 10 accepted even tho hes valued 3 mill. loans suck if your a lower league team with no money, but it shouldnt do. Clean sheets are a myth in this fm im sure of it so iv preety much adopted the real madrid tactic of "ill score one more than you" so carnt help there

You're right, they are valued way too low and are worth way more, but i had the two sides happening to me, and this is what i dont understand .. when i start a save in Portugal, their value is close to what i said in the original post and if some big team wants to buy some of them they won't have to pay much .. on the other hand, if i start a save in England their value is higher and, like you said, you'll have to pay what you're suppose to.

Making this short, if you start in Portugal, most players are underestimated, if you start in England (for example) they are as they should.

good post i agree, the testers didnt do great job this year (or last year). Some of the bugs/flaws in the ME are blatant, it took me about 10/15 matches to see them and these testers get several months testing the game too see them. SI need to find some more competent testers. IMO, alot of people that volunteer to do testing just see it as an opportunity to play the game earlier than everyone else.

Unfortunatly i dont think its just in portugal either. I tried to buy ochoa G/K valued at 1.2. Not a prob ill pay 5.mill. I wish!! even at 12 they didnt want to know. now i dont know what the highest ever transfer out of mexico is but im pretty sure this would have come close. also he didnt say a thing about wantin to leave which is not a prob maybe hes happy there or spurs are not that good in his eyes. So long story short started a game as said players club and villa bid 3 mill. i said no. he got unhappy. villa ended up offerin 6, my board stuck there beak in and now he plays for villa.

good post i agree, the testers didnt do great job this year (or last year). Some of the bugs/flaws in the ME are blatant, it took me about 10/15 matches to see them and these testers get several months testing the game too see them. SI need to find some more competent testers. IMO, alot of people that volunteer to do testing just see it as an opportunity to play the game earlier than everyone else.

If you think that you could do better, then apply for beta testing yourself;):p

BTW, why did you shorten the word more to mo'? Looks stupid really.

If you think that you could do better, then apply for beta testing yourself;):p

BTW, why did you shorten the word more to mo'? Looks stupid really.

lol come on man that's a reference to the song Mo' Money, Mo' Problems :D .. apparently its not that well known :rolleyes:

Yeah thats helpful correct his Spellin. Every game has problems and he didnt say he could be a tester he said some people use the beta testin system to just play the game and, not to find faults. Not all, Some. Without beta testers there would prob be more bugs but without us joe public comin on here takin time out of our own games to find answers and post our problems how are we gonna make fm better and more bug free. You can step aside while the grown ups are talkin if you want.:cool:

2. Goals that are scored way to soon. You know, rarely in real life you hear about some goal in some league that was scored 20 second after the match started and it's one of those things you'll probably laugh at but, you know, it's still a special moment. The key word there is rarely though .. as it happens way too often in FM, maybe its just me, i don't know. One other thing that's somewhat related is, for example, your team scores, you're still celebrating and all but then, the other teams starts the match and in that exact same attack they score .. you can't do anything at that point besides looking at the screen almost in tears.

This is the most annoying.. it happened in almost all previous version too, and i think there is looking to simulate things like:

"we must win this game, so we must start attacking, looking for the early goal"

and

"damn they scored, we must react and try to draw as soon as we can"

... and obviously yes, in real life there are teams wanting to take the lead very soon and sometimes (sometimes!) they can do that. and there is even this "reaction" when opponents scores, so (i think) the ME tries to simulate that, but it produces too many of this early gol and/or immediate equalizer.

Well, i've been pretty quiet around this forum, spending most of the time in "Data Issues" with the portuguese community, but now i'm going to speak my mind. It's not one of those "I hate this game and i'll never play it again" threads but its one with just a guy pointing out a few problems (at least for me) and hopefully getting some feedback.

1. I read, before the game was out for sale, that there wouldn't be a lot of "screamers" in this one, which would be good if it was actually true .. but it isn't as i'm seeing more than in 09, specially against me lol.

3. This is a strange one lol even for me, let's imagine you're managing Man. Utd and you're playing against Hull .. this is one of those matches that sometimes you're on the attack every single minute but you can't seem to score, and then all of a sudden, Hull attacks for the first time and scores, and you lose the match. Nothing that strange, it happens, sure. But now, that i am actually managing one of those teams with low reputation (Naval, from Portugal) that "small team luck" doesn't seem to happen lol. Just an hour ago, for example, i was playing away against Braga and i dominated that match, getting 7 more shots then the other team. Yet i lost 1 - 0. I know its a strange thing to complain about, i'm not exactly complaining really, just speaking my mind.

4. The defence aspect of the ME. Too many mistakes a game. No matter how defensive the mentality is, the other team always seems to get through balls way too often. The fullbacks look like mimes, they just do what wingers do, run parallel to them, but dont do anything else like you know .. tackling .. like they should. Some of you might say, "ok, you should switch Tackling to "hard", that way they'll probably do something" .. but if i do that the other team gets one penalty every 2 games.

5. Sometimes it seems the game will do anything to make you lose, and i mean strange things happening .. examples:

- My central defender was the one taking the freekick, due to a foul next to my penalty area .. he waits .. and he waits .. and he waits .. only when an opposition player is passing next to the ball does my central defender decide to take the free kick, of course he kicks the ball against the other guy, the other guy takes it runs and scores .. easy but incredibly stupid.

- The opposition goalkeeper kicking the ball over my defence and making an assist (yes this, apparently, still happens)

- A player of mine had the ball, he passed it to another player who didn't catch it (?) even though he has 17 first touch (it looked like someone throwing a rock at another person) so the ball went in another direction, and by "another direction" i mean, conveniently to the other team's striker, who ran away and scored.

6. I'm tired of talking about this one, but since i never got a proper answer here it goes .. what players are worth in the portuguese league, Cardozo is worth around €3 million, just like Hulk for example, i don't think there is a player above €4 million here .. i've seen Izmailov being sold for less than a million, Liedson for €3 million etc .. completely ridiculous, last year only in real life, Lucho was sold for €18 million, Lisandro for €24 million and even Cissokho was sold for €15 million, go figure ..

7. I don't know if a lot of people agree with me on this but ... when we get stuff like "we think this player should try more long shots" in the Backroom Advice but you do not agree and reject it, why is that a problem again in the next meeting? If i didn't want it the other day i probably still do not want to do that right now, so stop asking the same thing .. the same goes with contracts and other things. Basically, everything repetitive.

8. When we're managing smaller teams, one of the few things that can save us are loans, but the majority are completely broke (0 with Naval) so we can't get any players on loan because the other teams ask a lot of money, even for the crappy players .. we are the ones doing them a favor, letting a player with potential play regularly but no .. "you either give us half a million or he sits in the bench the whole year" .. i guess they win.

That's it for now, i probably have more things to talk about but i don't remember right now.

Leave some feedback but try to be nice :thup:

1. I've seen my share too, but not from unexpected players.

2. It's a AI strategy, mostly when they are not favorites. Go all-out-attack early and get a goal in the first 5 minutes, and then defend the lead. I did it once in 09, with a lower league team, and it works well if you can defend decently. It's a good strat for low budgets, since defenders are cheaper than attackers.

3. The default counter-attacking tactic is not optimum, and you need to tweak it.

4. Watch full games and try to figure out what's wrong. By trial and error you'll find the right tactic for your team.

- I hate that too. If your main FK taker is in the opposition half, then he won't take the free kick. I think setting a full back as 2nd free kick taker works.

- Liverpool did that last season : Reina to Riera, vs ManU I think.

- First touch isn't the only factor. Even Messi sometimes misses a touch.

6. It's league rep. Same happens with Ukraine. In my game Shakhtar bought Modric for 35 mil and then sold him back for 15.

7. Maybe the staff think you're wrong?

8. That sucks. I think it's because the player was not listed for loan. I remember trying to send a not listed player on load, and the deal fell trough because the feeder club could not afford the sign-on fee I was apparently asking.

Maybe it's because he tried to loan the player from a club in the same league? Because that's when I experienced this problem in FM09.

But it still shouldn't happen in that situation. As long as it isn't a rival (in my case it wasn't, they were a top team (Levski) and I was expected to finish just outside the relegation spots (Belasitsa)) they should almost bite my hand off to get their youngster some first team action in the top division! Right?

Yes, players from the same league, im managing Naval and if i try to sign players from Benfica that are available for loan like Urreta and Miguel Vitor, they ask me a certain amount of money that most teams in Portugal don't have .. the teams here are flat broke, even Sporting struggles with its financial situation.

Yes, players from the same league, im managing Naval and if i try to sign players from Benfica that are available for loan like Urreta and Miguel Vitor, they ask me a certain amount of money that most teams in Portugal don't have .. the teams here are flat broke, even Sporting struggles with its financial situation.

I'd post it in the Bugs Forum if I were you.

Archived