takeovers

I was Newcastle and SI had obviously programmed the whole drama up in Geordie-land into the game.

The takeover took about eight months but all was sorted in the end and I also managed to keep my job despite them stating that they wanted Shearer to take over.

On a network game, think it was FM07 I had a friend playing as Leeds whose takeover started in June and was still ongoing in December-January. The best bit was he had a transfer embargo placed on him as well, so for all that time could not buy any players :)

On a network game, think it was FM07 I had a friend playing as Leeds whose takeover started in June and was still ongoing in December-January. The best bit was he had a transfer embargo placed on him as well, so for all that time could not buy any players :)

Same here.

Not one new player has come in this season, and we came up last season. However currently 7th as we move into December so cannot moan too much

Anyone had a takeover thats actually made a difference? My Reading team got took over by another director at the start of the season and has made no difference at all. Well actually my finances got alot worse but that could be due to the big transfer budget i took to try and stay in the division. Oh, epiphany, maybe thats the difference, this chairman is more ambitious and thats why I got a huge budget and hence in the minuses?

Anyone had a takeover thats actually made a difference? My Reading team got took over by another director at the start of the season and has made no difference at all. Well actually my finances got alot worse but that could be due to the big transfer budget i took to try and stay in the division. Oh, epiphany, maybe thats the difference, this chairman is more ambitious and thats why I got a huge budget and hence in the minuses?

yes a tycoon takeover makes a huge difference

I just posted about this in the all-night thread. I'm in my first season at Hornchurch in the BSS and have been staying well above relegation all season. Anyway, a takeover was announced in November with a transfer embargo in place.

It's now April and the takeover is still dragging on. We look set to be safe for this season, but with the transfer window coming up, I'm getting a little anxious as I could do with a few more decent players to improve the side.

There are also rumours that the pending new chairman wants his own guy in as manager.

If this goes on too much longer, I may just have to jump ship...

takeover all done in December and no it never seems to make a difference, still have nowt to spend.

Just because your club gets taken over dont expect it to be something like winning the lottery. Its just another person taking charge of the club. Doesn't mean the club is going to be rich. Unless a tycoon takes over and invests heavily you are more than likely going to be in the same financial position

Can you bring in loan players under the embargo?

Nope. I just tried to "Make an Offer" to a player on my shortlist and got a popup about the transfer embargo.

I'm now into May and the end of the season in my game and still no word on the takeover.

"The Board ask for your continued patience while they deal with speculation regarding the team's future".

FFS, sort it out already! It's been 6 months... :mad:

Archived