Conceding penalties

After winning League 2 in my first season I'm struggling to stay up in League 1. I'm in 22nd place with 32 matches gone, but I havent been helped by the 10 (ten) penalties I have conceded in the League alone this season. Does anyone know why I am giving away so many penalties and how I can stop it because they are invariably late equalisers and winners and it's getting a bit annoying.

Maybe in the first season your defenders were some of the best in the league and had tight marking so they won most of their "battles" with the strikers but now the strikers are better and they aren't winning those "battles" anymore? Maybe stop them tight marking or play Zonal instead of mixed or man?

PS i'm no tactical expert :p

OK, im now on zonal marking and standard tackling. The good news is I won my next two matches, 4-0 v Tranmere and 1-2 at Swindon. I also went 2-0 up early on at home to Bristol Rovers. But then My centre half gave a way penalty number 11 of the season. 2-1 at half time. This one was fair enough though, chopping down the striker as he ran in on goal. Most of the others seem to have been for clumsy off the ball incidents.

The Bristol Rovers match finished 2-2 and was quickly followed by a local derby, Stockport at home. 0-1 at half time I was in real trouble but the players praised my half time rollocking, which turned the game around as we strolled the second half for a final score of 4-1. All of a sudden the great escape looks on.

Do you people ever get penalties get called against you? In 4 seasons I've only had one. And I had like 20 penalties for me which my player only missed once. I've set my GK as the PK shooter now to see if he's gonna miss it or score it to experiment something I've been thinking.

A 2-2 draw at fellow strugglers Carlisle was a disappointing result having been 2-0 up, but it left the crucial 6-pointer v Hartlepool neatly poised. It was 3-0 after 40 minutes but then 3-2 after 50. We went 4-2 up before two goals from corners pegged it back to 4-4. Two late goals made it 6-4 however. a classic!

With 6 games to go, we now have 43 points from 40 games and are out of the relegation zone for the first time all season, and what's more, we're not conceding penalties. Still tight though, from 17th down to 22nd there is only 3 points difference and it could well take 52+ points for safety.

I've got MK Dons on the last day of the season, and they're in 18th. It could be crucial because before that I've got Norwich (a - 2nd), Millwall (h - 3rd), Leyton Orient (a -7th), Southend (h - 8th) and Wycombe (h - 9th). Think I'm going to need to pick up a surprise win or two somewhere...

Im on hard tackling but my defensive line is pretty high. I'll try standard tackling as well as zonal and see if I have any joy

I play zonal marking and rarely give pens away. No hard tackling from anybody unless its really called for during the match.

After winning League 2 in my first season I'm struggling to stay up in League 1. I'm in 22nd place with 32 matches gone, but I havent been helped by the 10 (ten) penalties I have conceded in the League alone this season. Does anyone know why I am giving away so many penalties and how I can stop it because they are invariably late equalisers and winners and it's getting a bit annoying.

Can you check the number of penalties awarded in the league you are playing in, compared to leagues that has no matches played in full detail? (most likely all other leagues). You can check the leagues by F12 and Detail level.

In my current game, way down the leagues, there is a huge difference in number of penalties awarded in a full-detail league (my own) and others at the same level.

If the planets re-align correctly, SI will look into this :)

Crewe 3 Millwall 2. It isnt half stressful being manager of Crewe. £-0 up and should have been finished at half time, but Millwall made it 3-2 and there were a few nervous moments, including a disallowed goal, before the final whistle went. Keeps Crewe 2 points above the drop zone, 4 games to go.

Who's the player that making all the fuzz with the penalties?

Btw, to take a screenshot in FM click on Print Screen - then go to a graphic editor, something simple like 'Paint' will do. Press CTRL+V (paste). Save the file - I recommend JPEG as a file type. Then upload it to image hosting service such as imageshack or paintbucket. They'll give you a URL which you can post between

[img][/img]

tags.

Yes there are more penalties scored in my league. The highest is 9 going down to 3, the average seems to be about 5/6. In all the other divisions the most any one team has got is 5 and some teams have had 0 penalties. Think my defence is boosting the average in League 1 however.

Crewe 1 Southend 5

the wheels have come off and relegation is looking more and more likely.

Sorry I have taken a screenshot and saved it as a jpg but cant upload it to imageshack or anywhere for some reason. Seems like a lot of work to post a screenshot.

Anyway just about to play the last game of the season. Crewe v MK Dons.

I'm 21st, they are 19th one point ahead. A win guarantees our safety. A draw means we are dependant on other results. Gillingham are one point ahead and in 20th. If they lose a draw will mean safety as they have a worse goal difference.

Here goes nothing.

Right, I went into this game without my right back, both wingers and my best striker after a spate of injuries in the last game and in training. Even worse, we go a goal down early on when my left winger turns round and passes it to my centre half, who at the time was receiving treatment behind the goal. So they score with their first attack.

Even worse, the news filters through that it Gillingham are 2-0 up early on in their match v Barnsley. So it's a straigght fight between us and MK Dons. Just when it looks like we're going down without a whimper, my reserve striker finally sticks one of a gazillion chances away, right on half time and it's 1-1.

We need to score, need to win in the second half or it's relegation. If we win they go down. Just about to start the second half.

Archived