The game is faster?

I own a Macbook with Core2Duo 2GHz and 2GB of RAM (Tiger OS). I liked really much fm2009 but I hated the lenght of loading between 1 match and another, I was using only 4 leagues of one nation but a ddt with all players and it took 10 minutes or even 15 minutes to go from one match and another (one week). Is this improved in FM2010? The game was programmed to use new technologies such as QuadCore or a better processor would not help?

If you literally load all players in the database, the game is going to be slow. Period.

However, I have noticed that the game seems much faster when retaining players. With the custom database option from the wizard to create a new game, you can retain players in numerous ways. In my game, I retained all national team players from all continents, all first division players from Europe, South America, Africa, and North America, and all players based in England. My total database size was over 70,000 staff, and the game runs quite smoothly.

However, compare a database size of 70,000 staff to nearly 300,000, which is what you'd end up with if you retained everyone in the database. That is simply going to be far too large to run properly on any machine, even a quad core PC with 8GB of RAM.

By the way, the star system referenced above is not at all reliable. It told me that my machine would only perform at a one star level with my custom database, but I've had no issues.

I completely agree, even though I load a hell of a lot of leagues (33 I think).

The game just seems so much faster running, SI have done a brilliant job on this.

Yeah, Much faster I think..I play with 44000 players and its super fast compared with FM09. The processing speed has greatly improved, sometimes thou I click continue...and there is a slight lag of about 3 seconds (not a big deal) before it starts processing, maybe that time is taken to speed the "bar" up?

But very, very happy with it speed wise.

Completely agree on the speed issue, for me this is a large part of what has rekindled my joy of the game. I don't get a a massive amount of time to play, but in a 30 minute slot I can play up to 3 games if I'm lucky that would never have been possible on 09. I've got 46 active leagues which was 2 1/2 stars yet it's SO much quick. Well done SI!!

Couldnt agree more, playing through a season is not 2-3 days anymore, more like 8 hours or so.

Only annoying thing is the "bug" someone above mentioned, when u click continue it will sometimes lag and not start processing until a few secs after, making u think u missed the button :)

Not a prob at all really, only a microscopic annoyance :)

Only annoying thing is the "bug" someone above mentioned, when u click continue it will sometimes lag and not start processing until a few secs after, making u think u missed the button :)

Not a prob at all really, only a microscopic annoyance :)

I think it does everything in the background in those couple of seconds..but you think "I'm sure I clicked it"..then of it goes, just getting use to it. as before you use to click continue then straight away the processing bar would come on scree, but nothing happened for a few seconds..its like they have changed it around...No big deal :)

I never understand the 'retain all players' people - what do those 150,000 no hopers playing in leagues you arent running and wont even see adding to your game?

This game runs at a blinding speed, much faster than FM2009 on my PC.

If you're managing only top flight clubs, then it can seem useless to have all those other players added. But if you're retaining players from national teams and top division clubs, then those are usually quality players. It makes for a more realistic and competitive world for continental and international competitions.

Also, I believe you will see massively better, more realistic, and more diverse regens in your saved game if you have more of the database loaded. That way you can actually have great players come out of obscure countries like they do in real life.

Archived