Tried to sign a 16 yo player but kept failing

so i found this young promising player at age 16

i offer a bid and the club accept

so now i offer a contract of Youth to him

but evertime he's supposed to sign for me

the message says he have renewed a contract with his current club, therefore he didn't sign for me yet

so i tried again, this time with full time contract instead of youth contract

his club accepted, so i offer him full time with the salary as he wish, and all

then deal,, and guess what, he renew his contract "again" with his current club

and so on and so on...

is this some kind of error or we cant sign a 16yo in 2010?

If you are a European club signing someone from outside Europe them you do not get him until he is eighteen, his original club migh then sign him to a new contract but this new contract will not affect your own pre-contract at all.

If he is signing for them instead of you at the bid time then give up as the player is not interested in moving.

If he has already signed a pre-contract with his current club, FM considers it immutable, and he won't be available for transfer until he turns 17 and his existing pre-contract comes into force. It just sux rox that FM makes you go through the whole negotiation process to learn this...

@ Brian Shanahan

1st of all, no he's not outside of Europe, he's a youngster from St.Gallen ( Switzerland )

@joshpmilton

i dont think that is the case, when i offer him the full contract he ask for his wages, and when someone ask for his wages in FM

that means he agree to join us already

@SSGTroyer

i think, makes sense, although in FM 2009, it's do able, and i can sign a player even after he renew his deal, but ill just wait for another season to sign him then

thanks for the time guys :)

Archived