Do i take the Job? Nigeria?

Hey guys, i'm in a wee bit of a pickle :p.

I'm in my first season at Hibernian in the SPL, i'm sitting 4th, 1 point behind 3rd and 2 points between 4th, 5th and 6th. I'm having a fairly good season and i am enjoying it. I would say the fight for the 3rd European spot is going to go right to the wire.

I hope every week when i see the scores that Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Falkirk all mess up in their games against the lower 6 of the table, who we are around 13 points clear of 7th place.

I had recently been offered the Gillingham job and i rejected, this was back in January. Now it's the 17th of February and Nigeria have offered me the to take over at the expense of James Issah.

What do i do?

Hey guys, i'm in a wee bit of a pickle :p.

I'm in my first season at Hibernian in the SPL, i'm sitting 4th, 1 point behind 3rd and 2 points between 4th, 5th and 6th. I'm having a fairly good season and i am enjoying it. I would say the fight for the 3rd European spot is going to go right to the wire.

I hope every week when i see the scores that Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Falkirk all mess up in their games against the lower 6 of the table, who we are around 13 points clear of 7th place.

I had recently been offered the Gillingham job and i rejected, this was back in January. Now it's the 17th of February and Nigeria have offered me the to take over at the expense of James Issah.

What do i do?

If you take it, you can still manage Hibs.

But I feel it can damage both sides, so if I were you, and I really wanted the Nigeria job, I would take it, but carry on with Hibs aswell till the end of the season, then leave to give Nigeria full attention.

Depends, however, on how much you want the job? Or if you mind not leading your side's Uefa CUp campaign if you achieve 3rd. And, is there a World Cup in the summer, as in that case Nigeria would need a manager who could fully focus on that.

Noone else can really decide for you, just offer input.

Cheers, i didn't realise i could manage both teams. I took the Nigeria post but the board aren't very happy about it.

Both Nigeria and the Hibernian board have stated that they both want my full attention and not half and half, as Hibernian want 3rd spot and Nigeria's aim is to take the great country to the world cup.

I am on an unbeaten run of 9 games with Hibs, sitting in 4th place 1 point behind Motherwell in 3rd who are doing suprisingly well. I have just defeated Aberdeen 3-1 in a great performance by the team.

I'll decide at the end of the season, if Hibs get into Europe then i will possibly stay depending on the transfer and wage budget too. We'll see.

my only concern with doing both would be it is hard to balance the club/international i got so into trying to get my coventry team into the prem on 07 that i just didnt have the drive or even care about where mexico ended up, if i failed to get them into the world cup i would lose interest, it became a chore to actually manage mexico, shame really as it was a challenge

Yeah, i'll just wait and see how the friendly against San Marino in a months time, and the World Cup qualifying goes. I would really like to take Hibs to Europe, maybe a conflict of interest.

I don't find it a conflict when I managed Forest and Jamaica, but mostly because I was not spoilt for choice for international players.

I hadn't loaded extra players for any country when I started the game, so Jamaica only had 40-50 players, of which only 20 were any good, and only a couple truly world class. Usually match day elevens were made out of who was fit at the time.

The only real burden on my time was having to find all new regens at the start of each season, and ensure all dual nationals got a Jamaican cap as soon as possible, in case they turned out to be world beaters later.

It was a good challenge though - a Gold Cup win, and a World Cup second round appearance. But most of my time was spent on Forest.

If I manage an international team, I still have to have a club side too, the tedium of just being an international manager with a few games a season would bore me to tears.

in my main game i am the manager of both Liverpool and Italy and neither of them are upset about me managing the other.

it's quite a challenge, but it has added something to a game that was getting a bit boring (been undefeated for too long, but just can't leave my beloved Reds!)

like gmcker said, there are very few available players or regens for african or smaller nations unless you load players from those nations at the beginning of a game. i had ghana early on in fm08 and they had 2 keepers for 2 years, so i quit.

i even struggled for czech republic players, 2 decent regens, most of the others were there because no one else was available.

It is fun to have club + National in the same time. For the case of Nigeria I would only take it if they have at least medium DB for Nigerian players otherwise you have make blind picks and it will get boring very soon.

If you receveid an offer from Nigeria it means; you refuse and assuming that you wont start screwing in club team you will receive another National offer soon most likely from a better Nation.

It is fun to have club + National in the same time. For the case of Nigeria I would only take it if they have at least medium DB for Nigerian players otherwise you have make blind picks and it will get boring very soon.

If you receveid an offer from Nigeria it means; you refuse and assuming that you wont start screwing in club team you will receive another National offer soon most likely from a better Nation.

Archived