Should you leave training to your Assistant Manager?

I've had the football manager games since they first came out but have been away from the scene since 2005. Got a lot of catching up to do. One thing i'm not sure of is whether I should control training or should I leave it to my assistant?

I dont think this option has been available for a couple of versions so the decision is easy.

Below is an extract from FM2010 online manual: -

Submitted by onlinemanual on Fri, 10/09/2009 - 11:08

Your players will train every day, with the occasional day off. This is, of course, absolutely necessary for them to attain match fitness and be absolutely prepared ahead of each game. By default it is assumed that your Assistant Manager is in charge of your Training – if you’ve made no changes or simply tweak the default settings, this is the case, but should you wish to become more hands-on in your approach, then it’s fully down to you to keep track of and control.

The question is can assistant managers control training or not?

There's no debate. If you don't want to touch the training then the game will do it for you by using the default 'general' training program. (call it 'The Game' or call it "Assistant Manger", it's up to you).

If, however you want your players to actually improve, then you create custom training schedules which you monitor closely to make sure they're having a positive effect.

End of story.

There's no debate. If you don't want to touch the training then the game will do it for you by using the default 'general' training program. (call it 'The Game' or call it "Assistant Manger", it's up to you).

If, however you want your players to actually improve, then you create custom training schedules which you monitor closely to make sure they're having a positive effect.

End of story.

Thank you. Thats answered it nicely.

Archived